What's new

B&B community doesn't stop to amaze me!

This July will always bring bad memories to me. As some members already know, I lost all my shaving related stuff and all my belongings in a fire accident recently.

Yesterday, I went to the post office to collect my mail. Much to my surprise, there were a couple of unexpected packages waiting for me. I was very unprepared for their contents!

The first package contained gift certificates for a local super store sent by the Moderators Team at B&B for a significant (to my standards anyways) amount of money. The attached greeting card wаrned me to "keep my eyes open for another package". Indeed, the second package I opened included a beautiful Persian Jar style brush made by Rudy Vey, and a B&B shaving bowl. I'm not sure and have to ask Rudy, but my first impression when I saw and touched the knot was that it's a 21 mm Shavemac D01 2-band. The bottom of the brush had an elegant engraving "From your friends at B&B" and the forum logo... I know a photo will be more appropriate than describing the brush; I'll take one tomorrow with my cell phone camera!

Words can't express my gratitude to those who contributed and were involved in sending me the gifts. I appreciate highly these gifts not only for their monetary value but for bringing back the positive excitement in my life and for uplifting my spirits exactly at this moment when I need it the most. What can be a happier event than a happy shave every day! I hope I will be able soon to give back to the members of this great community.

So, besides the bad memories associated with this July, it will remind me about the generosity of the great people at B&B!

That is awesome. And the people on this board are unlike any others I have met, either online or even in real life. The willingness to help, and the generous nature of this forum, blows me away.

Sorry about your loss. Even though I am still fairly new, it doesn't surprise me that the people of this forum pulled together to do this.

Quadruple thumbs up for that one :thumbup::thumbup:

I was so sorry to hear about the fire and your loss, but am so thankful you guys were all safe.

Just amazing. While I'm deeply sorry for your losses, the human spirit is at it's most kind and generous in times of need.

The kindness of these strangers have made me feel I'm a part of a sort of brotherhood, indeed we are!
Have fun with your new toys, and may future July's remind you of people who know that it's just part of being human to offer what they can to those who they know need and deserve it.

Even if it is as silly as some shaving gear :wink2:

Was horrible to hear about the Fire, Boris, glad to know the whole family is okay, including the puppy... the kindness of the forums always proves how great the sense of community this place is

hope things get back to normal for you soon

Wow...so sorry to hear about the fire, I must have missed that thread. This is truly an amazing place, and I'm thankful every day that I found it. Now, more importantly, do you have a razor at this point?

Edgerunner, so sorry to hear about the fire. I must have missed that thread as well, or it was before I joined. This community is indeed unique and special, no doubt about it. There are people here generous beyond belief.

I believe it was already asked, but do you have a decent razor? If not, I'd be happy to send you an extra super speed I have. It has some brassing and isn't the prettiest razor, but it functions perfectly. Shoot me a PM if it's something you can use and I will get it in the mail this weekend.

+1

a
that is awesome. And the people on this board are unlike any others i have met, either online or even in real life. The willingness to help, and the generous nature of this forum, blows me away.

Sorry about your loss. Even though i am still fairly new, it doesn't surprise me that the people of this forum pulled together to do this.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Boris - you are 100% correct: a Shavemac D01 Two-band in a Black Buffalo handle.

Top Bottom