What's new

B&B Circle Letter "Schick"

I'll jump in at 10 if it's still open.

If you wish to join the circle letter, copy the entire list, add your name.

Name / Location / Member Name

1. Corey (Stuart, FL, USA) - Corey
2. Jim (Redmond, WA, USA) - Cynomys
3. D​evin (Oklahoma City, OK, USA) DevinLT1966
4. Tom (Coppell, TX) airmech
5. Justin (Canton, Il, USA) Jut
6. rickcharles606 (Belfry-KY, USA)
7. Brent (Minnesota, USA) docholliday77
8. Steve (Bountiful, Utah) SteveE1959
9. Adam (Columbia, Maryland) bebop0812
10. Ron (manhattan beach, CA) ronnie aloha

Since it's not too late I'd like to get in on this as well.

Glad to see we have completed the list!!! Also edited my entry.

Tom

please forgive me if my question is answered elsewhere, but......what is the idea behind the circle letter? I read the OP several times and I just can't figure it out. I am thinking about getting into using FP's only just discovering them today and this thread caught my eye. I would just like to know why 10 people are writing about anything and sending them off to the next just to do it again 10 weeks later.

thanks guys! enlighten me!!:letterk1:

My purpose with the circle of letters has different purposes. First and foremost is to get to know other members of the forum in a unique way. Emails and PM's are great, but there is something about receiving mail. Second, letter writing is slowly becoming a lost skill. I lived in Guatemala and Mexico in my late teens and early twenties and receiving mail was my life line to my parents and friends. Cell phones and email hadn't been invented yet. Lastly, I want to practice with my fountain pens and get used to writing with them.

My purpose with the circle of letters has different purposes. First and foremost is to get to know other members of the forum in a unique way. Emails and PM's are great, but there is something about receiving mail. Second, letter writing is slowly becoming a lost skill. I lived in Guatemala and Mexico in my late teens and early twenties and receiving mail was my life line to my parents and friends. Cell phones and email hadn't been invented yet. Lastly, I want to practice with my fountain pens and get used to writing with them.
That makes perfect sense to me. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some underlying common goal that I just wasn't picking up. Thanks for the clarity.

anyone know anything about this? I'm concerned that something has happened to the person that last had the letters.

No idea. I started things off with a letter to Jim (Cynomys) in early September. It looks like he hasn't be active since September 13th. I don't know if he got it out to Devin. I hope everything is ok with him.

Maybe one of the Mods can email him to see if all is well. Is there an appropriate amount of time we should wait until carrying on with the chain?

I sent a PM to Devin to see if he got the letters from Jim.

Has someone actually PM'ed Jim? If he hasn't responded, I agree with an email from the mods.

I sent a PM to Devin to see if he got the letters from Jim.

Has someone actually PM'ed Jim? If he hasn't responded, I agree with an email from the mods.

I PM'ed Jim last night. I figure I'd give it two or three days. He may just be extremely busy. I know I've been there before.

I PM'ed Jim and haven't heard back from him yet. I'm hoping that he's ok. I believe that Devin has been PM'ed as well. He posted in the other circle letter thread that things had gotten hectic for him. I think what I'll end up doing is waiting to hear word from either of them until Sunday. If both are still unaccounted for, I'll write a new letter and we'll start with Tom (airmech). When Jim and Devin turn back up, we can fold them both into the mix at some point and keep things going.

If anyone has any objections to that, please feel free to let me know, otherwise that will be my plan starting on Sunday. I'll wait until then to see if either of them checks in. If not, I'll get Tom's address and we'll get this thing going again.

Hi Guys,
I haven't heard from Jim. On the last letter it did take him a while to get his letter out (as if I should talk). Things are getting into a more normal routine, so I should be responding a little quicker.

Corey, I think your plan is a good one.

Top Bottom