What's new

B&B Carnival comes to a close - 2008 LE Winner Announced

Wow. This is so completely unexpected I'm at a loss for what to say. :blushing:

I'll admit I pretty much forgot about the whole thing until just now. Which is funny because I was perusing the B&B LE threads yesterday now that its up for order thinking "geez, I should have really tried a little harder to scrape up the cash to go in for one of these suckers."

Of course I'd like to thank B&B for being the outstanding collection of friendly, helpful and interesting ladies and gentlemen it is. But I suppose my entry explains my feelings on that. Between the essay, my 3000th post congratulatory thread, and now this -- I seem to have been at no loss for praise towards this place. But every word of it is heartfelt and deserved. Very few places on the web could pull off something like this, let alone do such major stuff in collaboration with manufacturers and retailers, bringing together the largest chunk of the wetshaving community online with the consistency that we do. That's pretty special in itself, but it says a lot for the character and the dedication of the people who run this place too. So I'd like to again thank them for pursuing their labor of love here and letting folks like me participate as well.

Oh, and kudos Dave for recognizing my avatar!

This is so very humbling and exciting. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my holidays. To everyone at B&B and especially everyone who made the Carnival possible, from the bottom of my heart I hope your holiday season is filled with joy and togetherness with your loved ones.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!!!

Congrats, Pat! Truely an uplifting story and I'm happy to be part of a community that has meant so much to you.

Warm congratulations Pat -- eloquent as always. Your presence here brightens our days, as well.

Thanks again to all of the mods who put so much time and effort into the Carnival. Truly an outstanding idea, and such a fantastic testament to the friendliness and gentlemanly nature of this site. I can't think of a more fitting end to the festivities than Pat's essay.

Top Bottom