What's new

B&B Brush Review/Comparo - Silvertip VS Finest Silvertip....

This post and the original comparison have been very helpful.

I've decided to limit myself to one B&B brush and because I already have other silvertips I'm happy with - the decision to go with the finest is easy for me - as its a grade of hair that I don't already have and won't be able to get at this price. I'll use it whenever I feel like it - weekend, special occasion or for a mid-week pick-me-up.

Based on the information provided to date, I think its fair to say that the differences between the bristles are likely subtle (especially for people such as myself who don't have as many other brushes to compare them with) and that you can't go wrong with either of these brushes.

I think very few people who only buy one of these will regret their choice of hair - the more likely regret is that they didn't order a second brush as a spare - just in case something happens to their only B&B brush (for example Joel didn't test if they would survive a meteor strike or a trip through a Jack Lalanne juicer!).

Gentleman many thanks for your replies.

As you could see by my photos, I had nothing else to base my question on in regards to the B&B brush, except with the SMF III brush.

My feelings are that I shall be getting the B&B in Finest so as it can be used more for those special occasions. And that the SMF will be my everyday brush. As you can imagine, it has been a big big change going from what I was using and then changing to the SMF. I find the SMF such a huge brush in comparison to my old one and am finding it spreads all over my face when working and spreading the lather.

This was my real question in regards to the two different B&B brushes in the interest of how they both perform differently to each other. I'm happy to go with the finest if in fact the brush will not spread itself over my face even more than the SMF, assuming that with the 20% extra packing of hair that it is in fact a bit stiffer (if thats the correct terminology).

I know there are a few people here that have gone with the SMF III as well as the B&B brushes. Hoping that as the orders are delivered and different brushes are compared, there is a clearer understanding in the difference in the brushes and how they perform. Feel free to PM me with any responses if you don't think this is the appropriate place to reply to me.

Sorry for my waffling, and I'm unsure of how clearly I described myself, but I appreciate your help. :wink:

John

PS Ahh there have been lots of other replies since I started this reply 2 1/2hrs ago in between work. How dare work get in the way. So my post seems to have been already answered by others, sorry about that.

Gentleman many thanks for your replies.

As you could see by my photos, I had nothing else to base my question on in regards to the B&B brush, except with the SMF III brush.

My feelings are that I shall be getting the B&B in Finest so as it can be used more for those special occasions. And that the SMF will be my everyday brush. As you can imagine, it has been a big big change going from what I was using and then changing to the SMF. I find the SMF such a huge brush in comparison to my old one and am finding it spreads all over my face when working and spreading the lather.

This was my real question in regards to the two different B&B brushes in the interest of how they both perform differently to each other. I'm happy to go with the finest if in fact the brush will not spread itself over my face even more than the SMF, assuming that with the 20% extra packing of hair that it is in fact a bit stiffer (if thats the correct terminology).

I know there are a few people here that have gone with the SMF III as well as the B&B brushes. Hoping that as the orders are delivered and different brushes are compared, there is a clearer understanding in the difference in the brushes and how they perform. Feel free to PM me with any responses if you don't think this is the appropriate place to reply to me.

Sorry for my waffling, and I'm unsure of how clearly I described myself, but I appreciate your help. :wink:

John

PS Ahh there have been lots of other replies since I started this reply 2 1/2hrs ago in between work. How dare work get in the way. So my post seems to have been already answered by others, sorry about that.

Go with the standard silvertip.... it'll A.) Not splay out all over like the SMF brush - and B.) You'll quickly find the SMF brush out of a job and the proceeds of its sale will allow you to get a second B&B brush in Finest :biggrin: :lol:

I'm on the fence between the Standard and Finest. The stiffest brush I own is the SMF I. It is also the softest feeling brush I own. How do the B&B brushes, both Standard and Finest compare to the SMF I in terms of stiffness and softness? Your help is greatly appreciated. I was told that this question has been specifically addressed in this thread, but I can't find it. I plan to order once I get an answer. Thanks.

Please, please, please stopping making my face drool and post a link where I can find these brushes before they are all gone. Or am I sool already :( Anything, I'm begging you!

I'm new here, about a month. I have been using a DE razor for just a couple of weeks (a Merkur HD), and have one badger brush that I bought on eBay a few years ago (that I was using with a cartridge razor).

Judging from pictures on the English Shaving Co. website, I have the English handmade imitation white marble super badger hair shaving brush.

I like a stiffer feel (I think, considering that I have only one brush) so I was going to order the standard B&B brush. But, I was swayed a couple of minutes ago by the argument that the Finest could be a one-time opportunity for something even more special, and that I could always get a good everyday brush.

So, as of now (11:06 PST), it's the Finest. But, I can change my mind and go back to the standard.

Opinions?

thanks,
Steven

I'm new here, about a month. I have been using a DE razor for just a couple of weeks (a Merkur HD), and have one badger brush that I bought on eBay a few years ago (that I was using with a cartridge razor).

Judging from pictures on the English Shaving Co. website, I have the English handmade imitation white marble super badger hair shaving brush.

I like a stiffer feel (I think, considering that I have only one brush) so I was going to order the standard B&B brush. But, I was swayed a couple of minutes ago by the argument that the Finest could be a one-time opportunity for something even more special, and that I could always get a good everyday brush.

So, as of now (11:06 PST), it's the Finest. But, I can change my mind and go back to the standard.

Opinions?

thanks,
Steven

Welcome Steven, I think that you will be happy with either one. If I had to choose one, I guess I would go for the Finest, since you won't get an opportunity for this price again.

Jeff, it was a special buy. Your best bet now is to check out the shave mall. Some members have decided to part with theirs, and they aren't really looking to profit.

No prob, man! Good luck. There are still some people evaluating theirs, so there might be more available before its over with.

Top Bottom