What's new

B&B Bingo Shaving Cream Edition

I don't think I could do a multi-forum bingo. Being only my second bingo game I barely have the patience to look for the words in this forum. I see there is a video bingo coming up, if I read that right. I don't think I would be up for that one either.

Even though this one was frustrating at first it was fun and thanks to Smattayu for hosting/calling it.

I don't think I could do a multi-forum bingo. Being only my second bingo game I barely have the patience to look for the words in this forum. I see there is a video bingo coming up, if I read that right. I don't think I would be up for that one either.

Even though this one was frustrating at first it was fun and thanks to Smattayu for hosting/calling it.
Dean you will be fine, all you have to do is watch videos and search through a few threads

It came today. The picture of the brush doesn't do it justice. A little bit of the balm leaked out, but it was just enough to give me an excuse to use some tonight. It feels and smells great. Tomorrow morning i will try out everything together.

I used all 3 of threes this morning. The cream was amazing. I cannot say enough good things about it. It ranks among the slickest, most protective soaps/creams that I have used. Although the scent isn't my all time favorite, it is still very good. I also used the balm this morning. I will be good for most days, but today was not one of those days. It is in the mid 90s here and we had a party at a splash pad for my daughter's birthday. I used a bit much and my face ended up feeling sticky. I will try again on a day that I work so that I don't have to be outside as much. Now onto the brush.
Eric,
standing-ovation.gif

I don't have a lot of experience with brushes. This is only the second brush that I have used. Well, I did start to use an old badger, but it shed so much and was so floppy, I stopped before even fully lathering it. It is currently awaiting a new knot. Here is a comparison between Eric's and my Stirling.
20170722_065351.jpg

The small one is a 24mm. I didn't measure Eric's. It seems to be more dense and it definitely has more backbone. However, it is just as soft at the tips. I had put my normal sized snurdle in the bowl and started to lather. I kept thinking that it wasn't lathering well until I realized that it was holding much more than normal in the bristles. I kept adding water until I got the right slickness and lathered my face. Although it didn't leave much lather in the bowl, once it hit my face it must have realized that is where the lather is supposed to go and just let it flow out. The handle is incredibly beautiful and very comfortable to hold. I will try it tomorrow on one of my normal soaps to see the real differences.

I used all 3 of threes this morning. The cream was amazing. I cannot say enough good things about it. It ranks among the slickest, most protective soaps/creams that I have used. Although the scent isn't my all time favorite, it is still very good. I also used the balm this morning. I will be good for most days, but today was not one of those days. It is in the mid 90s here and we had a party at a splash pad for my daughter's birthday. I used a bit much and my face ended up feeling sticky. I will try again on a day that I work so that I don't have to be outside as much. Now onto the brush.
Eric, View attachment 806335
I don't have a lot of experience with brushes. This is only the second brush that I have used. Well, I did start to use an old badger, but it shed so much and was so floppy, I stopped before even fully lathering it. It is currently awaiting a new knot. Here is a comparison between Eric's and my Stirling. View attachment 806336
The small one is a 24mm. I didn't measure Eric's. It seems to be more dense and it definitely has more backbone. However, it is just as soft at the tips. I had put my normal sized snurdle in the bowl and started to lather. I kept thinking that it wasn't lathering well until I realized that it was holding much more than normal in the bristles. I kept adding water until I got the right slickness and lathered my face. Although it didn't leave much lather in the bowl, once it hit my face it must have realized that is where the lather is supposed to go and just let it flow out. The handle is incredibly beautiful and very comfortable to hold. I will try it tomorrow on one of my normal soaps to see the real differences.

Thanks Don, I'm glad you like the cream and the brush. The tuxedo is my favorite knot, and has been for a while. It is a 24mm knot, and I believe I set it the loft at 56mm. I'll eventually be picking up the Proraso Single Blade line in it's other two scents, though I've only smelled the Cypress & Vetiver so far. The balm is a little tricky, and is similar to Saponificio Varesino's balms in that if you leave your face damp it only takes a few drops and you're good to go. Much more than than and I get that tacky feel as well.

Where is the tuxedo from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gotten my tuxedo knots from APShaveCo on Etsy, but I know there are a couple other places that have what appears to be the same knot for less. I haven't tried any of the others yet, but might order a few.

I've gotten my tuxedo knots from APShaveCo on Etsy, but I know there are a couple other places that have what appears to be the same knot for less. I haven't tried any of the others yet, but might order a few.

Thanks. I'm so out of the loop on knots. I only know of a couple sources (TGN and WD). But I'm in search of a knot for a handle I have and that would look nice in it!

Thanks. I'm so out of the loop on knots. I only know of a couple sources (TGN and WD). But I'm in search of a knot for a handle I have and that would look nice in it!

Nice. They have a knot called the Cashmere that is the same material and feel as the tuxedo, but a solid color and actually kind of looks like a boar. I recently put one in a handle and it performs just as well.

Top Bottom