What's new

B&B Bay Rum with a Twist

It's Here!

Created at the request of some of our very own members, this EDT proudly claims it's place as a product officially endorsed by B&B.

Gents, I cannot emphasize enough how much I love this new offering from Sue. If you are a fan of Bay Rum or Lime cologne, then you will enjoy this EDT.

Additionally, Sue is sending out a complementary puck of shave soap in a matching scent to the first 20 customers ordering this EDT.

Fantastic scent. I'm wearing it two days in a row which is rare. Even my wife commented, "Didn't you wear that yesterday?" Good thing she likes it, too. Great for the summer.

T

Tye

I ordered mine last night along with a tin of the Cool Lime soap when I saw Sue's post about it being available over on SMF.com. I hope I was one of the first 20.

-Tye

Just received my shipment from SCS...this stuff smells awesome...got the shave soap as well...I think I know what tomorrow's shave will be with...:001_smile

How long do you find this scent lasts? Typically, bay rum and lime (along with most citrus scents) have a rather short duration compared to other categories (e.g., woods and leathers usuually comprise the opposite end of the spectrum). I'm intrigued by a prior posting here which suggests a decent longevity for this new B&B scent and also by the very attractive price.

While I looked up the URL, I noticed Sue also had a sandalwood cologne listed. Has anyone tried this? Again, its priced very attractively and would certainly be something I'd consider if it lasted a few hours. But then again, maybe this is unreasonable for a pure sandalwood.

schatz said:
How long do you find this scent lasts? Typically, bay rum and lime (along with most citrus scents) have a rather short duration compared to other categories (e.g., woods and leathers usuually comprise the opposite end of the spectrum). I'm intrigued by a prior posting here which suggests a decent longevity for this new B&B scent and also by the very attractive price.

While I looked up the URL, I noticed Sue also had a sandalwood cologne listed. Has anyone tried this? Again, its priced very attractively and would certainly be something I'd consider if it lasted a few hours. But then again, maybe this is unreasonable for a pure sandalwood.

I have tried Sue's Sandalwood and it is very nice but I don't think that it is a pure sandalwood. I find it similar to the Sandalwood from C&E but at less than one forth the price. Certainly worth a try at $8 a bottle.

Craig

schatz,
I wore the Bay Rum with a Twist today. As I walked by my wife this evening (12 hours after my initial application) she said she could still smell both the Bay Rum and the Lime. While I don't expect 12 hours to be it's average wearability, I thing that 6-8 is a realistic expectation. I have sampled several different versions of Bay Rum and of Lime, and I have rarely had one last longer than 2-3 hours.

Sue put this offering together for the very reason you are suggesting, the lack of a similar product with any staying power.

I also have the Sandalwood EDT and really enjoy it. It too, is a very long lasting scent.

I have both and love them. Staying power is pretty good as well. I can still smell them both when I get home from work.

I received a package Saturday from Sue containing the B&B with a Twist, the accompanying cake of soap, and the Sandalwood edt. I have to say I've been very pleased with the purchase after growing accustomed to much much higher prices for edt fragrances. (It's nice to save money now as I've just recently ordered 3 straight edges and some strops as I'm branching out in my experimentation)

Let me comment on the B&B with a Twist first. Very nice lime aroma which lasts longer than I expected. I let my wife take a sniff and she approved thinking it was a straight lime fragrance. I'm having a bit of difficulty discerning the clove and rum but I love it nevertheless. The soap came a bit melted due to the summer weather. I microwaved it for 30 seconds in a mug and used in this morning. Great lathering compared to my other 2 soaps (C&M and Burma shave).

The sandalwood is interesting in several respects and is also a hit with me. First, I've test sprayed the C&E Sandalwood tester at the mall several times and I was always disappointed with the longevity. Sue's stuff really lasts which was a concern before I tried it. I still smelled it on my chest upon waking one morning after an application the previous morning. Secondly, it smells like it was mixed with something on the sweet side which is a nice variation - my wife thinks maybe coconut. Given the price of sandalwood EO the last time I looked ($88 oz at Wild Oats), I think Sue has a real winner here with this one.

I have ordered three of Sue's EDTs (Sandalwood, 2-11, and B&B Bay Rum with a Twist). The lot of them are powerful potions. Wood and spice predominante all three in my opinion but the citrus in the B&B is refreshing. I tend to prefer a scent where the citrus is truly dominant.

I can't say that they have become my favorites which remain Christian Dior's Eau Sauvage (regular and extreme), but I do sense a individual personality behind them and view them as tremendous value. For me the 2-11 is the most long lasting followed by the Sandalwood and the B&B for me is about 6 hours, the shortest of the lot.

The only thind I advise is with all of them start with small amounts. Sue does not skimp of potency.

MJB

Top Bottom