What's new

Aylsworth Razors New Razor Release - Kopparkant

Used my brass plus today for the first time. Great shave. Gorgeous razor. Got mine for $89 when trc had 11% off.
Second shave with my plus today. Great again. Handle design is awesome. Lots of good positions. Beautiful finish. The shave is nice and efficient. I would put the aggression somewhere immediately below the muhle rocca, but above the Tatara nodachi. It’s a very good spot.

IMG_2375.jpeg

I tried the Plus plate for the first time on Saturday and I really liked it. It seems to be in the medium efficiency range for me.

I have a couple questions about the Kopparkant:
Is it threaded #10-32 or M5?
And is the shave angle shallow (ride the cap) or steep (ride the bar)?

Thanks guys!

I only have a few shaves with the Kopparkant so far, so others may have better information. The original (neutral) plate shaves in a neutral position. One could go a bit shallow or steep, but not too much.

The + plate has a good amount of exposure. I think it is designed to shave shallow and I have had very good results doing so. The cap guides one to a very comfortable and efficient shallow angle. That said, some folks shave steep with the Blackbird, so 🤷‍♂️

Thanks guys!
If you're interested in alternate handles, know that an M5 handle will work perfectly with a 10-32 screw. It's one of those odd happenstances. The reverse won't work however (an M5 screw threaded into a 10-32 nut).

Don't trust me on this with your expensive razor however. Do a bit of Googling around, and you should find links to machinist forums that verify this.

I first ran a 10-32 screw into my M5 threaded Razorock Titanium Halo handle. It threaded smoothy. For the helluvit, I ran a 10-32 tap into it after. I didn't need a tap handle. The tap ran freely (as freely as any tap does).
I only have a few shaves with the Kopparkant so far, so others may have better information. The original (neutral) plate shaves in a neutral position. One could go a bit shallow or steep, but not too much.

The + plate has a good amount of exposure. I think it is designed to shave shallow and I have had very good results doing so. The cap guides one to a very comfortable and efficient shallow angle. That said, some folks shave steep with the Blackbird, so
🤷‍♂️
You have my attention ;-)

... Thom

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom