What's new

Avon Shaving brush

I didnt know Avon made shaving sets but this came with an Avon mug at a local antique mall. I thought is might be a makeup brush. Any info? Thanks

I've seen a few of those on ebay. It is always described as a shaving brush. The handle is ceramic, I believe. I'm guessing from the 60's or 70's. Sorry I don't have any more info.

- Peter

I have one of those.Supposedly it's a ladies leg shaving brush because of the long handle.The knot is boar and really small.It makes for a great restore.I put a 26mm from GNIB in mine.I don't know what era there from but the handle is plastic or some kind of composite like plastic.It's not bakelite or celluloid.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ladies brush or not, with a nice badger knot set in it, I'd use it and display it in a heartbeat.

Picked up one nib at local antique mall box says gentelmens regiment shaving brush. It is mans shaving brush

It's a man's shaving brush - it's part of the Avon Gentlemen's Regiment four-piece set - shaving brush, soap in mug, aftershave, and talc.

It's a man's shaving brush - it's part of the Avon Gentlemen's Regiment four-piece set - shaving brush, soap in mug, aftershave, and talc.

Got any pictures of that set? The wiki entry on Avon is kind of thin (er, partly because I wrote it and I don't know the first thing about Avon).

Top Bottom