What's new

Avon meets Pinaud other aftershaves.

I posted a picture of a straight razor a while back and someone asked if I was into Avon fragrances after seeing the bottles in the background of the photo. My father was into Avon colognes and aftershaves so the bottles were always around the house when I was growing up. While I never liked the fragrances I always loved the bottles so I fill them with my favorite aftershaves. The yellow bottle has Pinaud Clubman in it, the green Lime Sec, the blue Ogallala Bay Rum/Sage and the brown Pinaud Special Reserve. I also have the chesspiece ones with other aftershaves, I think they look very cool.

$image.jpg

These hold 6 ounces of aftershave so I can go a few months between having to refill them, better than most 2 oz. plastic bottles.

If you find any vintage Avon Wild Country... it's a clone of Pinaud Clubman. And I believe Avon's Oland is pretty close to Special Reserve. I love Avon because I can find it cheap ($1-$2) at antique and thrift stores. They made tons of different scents, and many were clones of other favorites. Like Avon's Spicy and Avon's Brisk Spice were both takes on Shulton's Old Spice (both are better than current Old Spice). You might give Avon another try.

I have hundreds of Avon bottles. I have two Avon links in my Signature if you want to learn more.

Top Bottom