What's new

Avon for Men history

Nice history, thanks for posting.

I remember my great Aunt selling Avon to my mother. Mom got Dad some of the tractor-trailer products (buried somewhere in my basement) and she got me their Black Suede scent when I was a teenager. Good clean stuff at the time and I enjoyed it.

Chris

I like the "novelty decanter kitsch" myself. I think it interesting that the author think men couldn't unscrew the caps without spilling them. True that Old Spice's plug was slightly easier, but unscrew caps are on sodas and beers nowadays, and it hasn't seem to reduce the number of men drinking them.

Some of the kitsch isn't attractive, but a lot of it is.

I like the "novelty decanter kitsch" myself. I think it interesting that the author think men couldn't unscrew the caps without spilling them. True that Old Spice's plug was slightly easier, but unscrew caps are on sodas and beers nowadays, and it hasn't seem to reduce the number of men drinking them.

Some of the kitsch isn't attractive, but a lot of it is.

Agreed! While not all of the bottles are interesting to me, some are quite cool. Compared to now when most bottles are bland, boring pieces of glass (if you're lucky!) that are not memorable in the least.

Top Bottom