What's new

Avon April

Ad Astra

The Instigator
SOTD: Ti68OC, Simpsons Cdore X3, leftover soap and vintage Avon Wild Country.

🤔 Vintage WC is wonderful and does have a Clubman - but - better vibe to it. New WC is nice, but has a different color and scent, to me.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
SOTD: Ti68OC, Simpsons Cdore X3, leftover soap and vintage Avon Wild Country.

🤔 Vintage WC is wonderful and does have a Clubman - but - better vibe to it. New WC is nice, but has a different color and scent, to me.

AA

+1. I got some skunks WC from an outside swap meet years ago which was awful. So I bought some modern WC thinking it would be just as good as vintage WC.

It’s not. I just have to make sure the vintage stuff was kept in the sun. I just now, pour the vintage I find in the modern bottle.

Vintage is definitely better to me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
+1. I got some skunks WC from an outside swap meet years ago which was awful. So I bought some modern WC thinking it would be just as good as vintage WC.

It’s not. I just have to make sure the vintage stuff was kept in the sun. I just now, pour the vintage I find in the modern bottle.

Vintage is definitely better to me.

Sunlight, apparently, wrecks the stuff... Not heat. I bought several from the flea market's "other vintage Avon Lady" and hers were kept permanently outside, but covered with a tarp and under a roof. All were fine.

I used to think WC was WC, never touched all these hinky old cars until I ran out of the new bottle.

🤔 You can tell them apart if decanted into clear glass (and then protected from sun). New is amber, vintage is Clubman-yellow/gold.

AA

Avon April SOTD

Simpson Commodore 2
Fine Green Vetiver
'53 Super Speed
Personna Red
Deep Woods (The Rook)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Avon April SOTD

Sem. 830 boar
Stirling Ozark
Timeless Ti68OC
Dorco Prime
Awful, ugly '31 Greyhound Bus of Avon's excellent Everest

full

full

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It is ugly to such a degree that it ends up being oddly beautiful in my eyes.

Many collect these funky bottles. They ARE genuine Americana, no matter how tacky. Yet how many - even CAR collectors - would want a 31 Greyhound bus? The stuff within is the treasure, even after decades.

AA

Brush: Shavemac synthetic
Soap: L'occitane lavande
Bowl: antique find made by alyson
Razor: Brit Gillette Aristocrat #16
Blade: 1948 Gillette thin
After: Avon Wild country from a train
DSCF9598.JPG

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Noticed I hadn't used Avon's uber-classic Tai Winds in a while, so.

It's on deck for tomorrow, in the original "Vulcan" bottle. (Polynesian style, really, but not out of place in Cdr. Spock's quarters.)

AA

Brush: Newly acquired 26mm boar
Soap: Proraso red
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: 1948 Gillette thin
After: Avon wild country
DSCF9599.JPG

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Razor: Trac II
Cartridge: Wilkinson Sword (final shave of 20)
Brush: Plisson Synthetic
Soap: La Toja
AS Vintage Avon Excalibur Touring Decanter

952B479A-81A0-4601-B344-C26DF1F64657.jpeg

Top Bottom