What's new

Avon and Covid....

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
9845FACC-3550-4131-8A03-0AD356AB4021.jpeg

I’m positive that your positive approach to positive test results will positively impact all of us. Be well my friend as you rest and let The War Dept. and the Hallmark Channel work their magic!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If it weren't for this incredible pain in my right shoulder I'd be able to pitch batting practice in Fla...

FarmerTan

as @Ad Astra started yesterday, this my "Dave Get Well!" Arko shave :c9:
Maybe some others like to join to send good vibes to @FarmerTan
View attachment 1235094
Pre:-
Razor: P&G China Super Blue Tech
Brush: Razorock F-400 Synth
Blade: Wizamet Irdium super 6th use
Cream: Arko sensitiv - Lavander
Result: close comfortable 2 pass head shave
I SOOOOOOO wish I could smell these awesome shaves my friends!

FarmerTan

I think we can get in another Arko shave today, to boost @FarmerTan 's spirits!

Who's with me? #ShaveArkoTodayForDave :a14:

Hang tough, brother Dave.

One of my sister's got it, and was only mildly ill. She's over it now - and she has a ton of other health problems; we were worried.

AA
Thank you my friend. Since I have an incredibly handsome face, I'm often mistaken for someone in good health. My heart and lungs are a train wreck, but I have been on borrowed time for more than 40 years so I'm used to it.

So I'd be lying if I said that I have been "fine" for the past year or so. I let it get into my head, this whole global pandemic thing, but my faith sustained me.

But we all need like minded weirdos to spend time with, and when what few "friends in the flesh" that I have are forced to be away from me (at least 6ft anyway) you folks really stepped up to the plate.

It's kind of funny. When I bought a case of Arko on Black Friday I was only able to get the War Department to let go of the money because I said I was going to give it away in PIFs! But now that I can't smell I will be shaving with it exclusively! Why waste the good smelling stuff when I can't appreciate it?

Thank you my friend. Since I have an incredibly handsome face, I'm often mistaken for someone in good health. My heart and lungs are a train wreck, but I have been on borrowed time for more than 40 years so I'm used to it.

So I'd be lying if I said that I have been "fine" for the past year or so. I let it get into my head, this whole global pandemic thing, but my faith sustained me.

But we all need like minded weirdos to spend time with, and when what few "friends in the flesh" that I have are forced to be away from me (at least 6ft anyway) you folks really stepped up to the plate.

It's kind of funny. When I bought a case of Arko on Black Friday I was only able to get the War Department to let go of the money because I said I was going to give it away in PIFs! But now that I can't smell I will be shaving with it exclusively! Why waste the good smelling stuff when I can't appreciate it?
Arko is the good smelling stuff????

My nose loses the ability to smell after a bit. Maybe I have chronic COVID. I used Clubman AS religiously and loved it. For a while. Now I cannot smell it at all. Same with Arko. When I first got it, the smell was nearly overpowering. Now I can barely smell it right when I open a fresh stick. After that....nothin. The VEG on the other hand is still going STRONG!!!! with no sign of weakening LOL

I think we can get in another Arko shave today, to boost @FarmerTan 's spirits!

Who's with me? #ShaveArkoTodayForDave :a14:

Hang tough, brother Dave.

One of my sister's got it, and was only mildly ill. She's over it now - and she has a ton of other health problems; we were worried.

AA

I'm arko man too
Wish you a fast recovery

Attachments

• 20210311_140352_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20210311_140352_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5

FarmerTan

That's a bummer, but I'm glad you're positive about it.
But at least you can taste coffee!
This too shall pass.
Today I can literally taste EVERYTHING I've tried. Can still smell nothing.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get hungry when you can't smell? I had a DELICIOUS frozen pizza last night, but I only ate it because my lovely bride decided it was time to eat!

Heard from my doctor today. I'm still stuck at home, friends are bringing us groceries, and I don't have to see the doctor again till May. I was told by the doctor to not be surprised if I can't smell for 6 months.

All kidding aside, if I can NEVER smell again, send me all your rancid soaps my friends! No sense wasting Arko!

But my wife will LOVE it if I never buy another aftershave! This might just save our marriage doggone!!!

To wish you a speedy recovery, I also shaved with Arko tonight, FarmerTan.

The scent was bearable. It reminded me of a liniment I used as a kid for sprains. That kind of made sense, since the Arko scent kind of sprained my sense of smell! 😁

Get well soon!

Attachments

• C4BFFB34-1F5E-4606-821D-DB535E69D97B.jpeg
    C4BFFB34-1F5E-4606-821D-DB535E69D97B.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 6

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Dang Dave, I'm late to the preverbal party as usual. As in party line, not 'yay, Dave's got Covid' kind of party.

I'm rambling. . .

I like Hallmark Channel shows too. It's true. Especially when I'm feeling off or sick. And Looney Tunes. But the original ones, not the 'sanitized' versions.

Rambling again. . .

Hope you feel better soon my friend.

FarmerTan

Dang Dave, I'm late to the preverbal party as usual. As in party line, not 'yay, Dave's got Covid' kind of party.

I'm rambling. . .

I like Hallmark Channel shows too. It's true. Especially when I'm feeling off or sick. And Looney Tunes. But the original ones, not the 'sanitized' versions.

Rambling again. . .

Hope you feel better soon my friend.
How do we expect our kids to survive in a dirty world if all we do is expose them to sanitized surfaces? This was a great Kountry while it lasted.

On the bright side (and I'm sure they are out there....) lots of folks here are secretly tickled pink that I can't smell Arko! "Serves him right!"

I am just amazed that I can taste fine. I guess I'm like Charlie the Tuna...wait! He ain't been cancelled has he?!? I read somewhere that he'd been spending a lot of time with a guy named Sponge Bob?

Top Bottom