What's new

Avon and Covid....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So yesterday I lost my sense of smell.

Today the "Avon Lady" or "Avon Person" in 2021, whom I went to hi skool with, dropped off Campaign no. 4!!!

I'm so excited, as my wife will tell you, I'm the girl person in our relationship!

I love the scratch and sniff scented areas on some pages. So I immediately go to the "Fragrances" section when the catalogue gets dropped off.

My FAVORITE on my wife is the original "Haiku" if I spelled it right.

Anyway, the girls had a new smell in the catalogue! Problem: the factory that squirts the cologne on the page musta missed it!

Went to the boys section. A new fragrance for me was in there, "Studio 1886", and you guessed it: they missed spraying THAT page too, and now I AM MAD!

Then I remembered, I have to wait until tomorrow to see if I have Covid, since they just did the long Qtip up the nose routine today.

If it comes back negative I will be suing Avon for false advertising! And I coulda got a paper cut the way I was scratching at those pages!

FarmerTan

Okay @Chef455 ! You opened the door! Back in the day when I used to get a bunch of free magazine subscriptions for my haircutting shop I'd smell different on each side of my face!

Just finished leftover Asparagus and Chicken and Rice. Have you ever eaten food that tastes like air? I could taste a little yesterday, even my coffee this AM had a little flavor, but now: nothing. So strangely cool!

FarmerTan

I hope you don’t have it but that’s a telltale symptom as u know.
You must be joking about an Avon lady? Did the fuller brush guy stop over before the doctor made the house call?
😂😁🤣
I used to cut this girl's hair back in the day. ABSOLUTELY the cutest Avon Lady that ever lived. And sweet. I wasn't the only boy in skool that had a crush on her!

You obviously forget I live in the country.

My in laws just got dial up internet!

FarmerTan

Yikes. Keep us updated. Prayers.
Prayers coveted here my friend. So strange to take a big whiff of Brut or Old Spice and smell NOTHING! Just kind of a little "ammonia" like scent at the back of my nose/throat.

But not TASTING Asparagus? This had better be cleared up by time I'm watching my bride pick our Asparagus my friend! Or I'll sell this place and move next to the town dump! They have some houses there that they can't sell for some reason!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Brother Dave: hang in there. My nephew didn't get all that sick, but went weeks/months without smelling or tasting...

Avon will wait. Most of mine has waited since the 1970s!

AA

Loss of smell was my first telltale symptom. It was the reason I got tested. I fought around with Covid for about 3 weeks. The scent is coming back, but slowly. There are lots of things I still can't smell, my colognes, soaps and aftershaves being among the things that I either cannot smell or that have had their scent altered because I cannot pick up all of the notes. Praying you don't have it!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

Loss of smell was my first telltale symptom. It was the reason I got tested. I fought around with Covid for about 3 weeks. The scent is coming back, but slowly. There are lots of things I still can't smell, my colognes, soaps and aftershaves being among the things that I either cannot smell or that have had their scent altered because I cannot pick up all of the notes. Praying you don't have it!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thank you my friend. I am so mad that I can't get my phone to play the voicemail that my Doc left me. I was told I would not know until tomorrow what the results are, but I wonder if they told my stupid fone the results? Ah, nothing I can do, and deep down I knew the minute that Brut and Old Spice....and then ARKO! had no scent.... yeah, I'm pretty positive I'm positive.

FarmerTan

Brother Dave: hang in there. My nephew didn't get all that sick, but went weeks/months without smelling or tasting...

Avon will wait. Most of mine has waited since the 1970s!

AA
One of my nephews got it when I did. He tested positive. He has had his rear end kicked by it. Hoping I've got more antibodies than him. He seems to be on the mend.

FarmerTan

Be well my friend. If this is the rona, and I hope it is not, may it’s impact be ever so slight, and fleeting.
Thank you. Still love your avatar. Don't make 'em like that guy in the Bigs anymore. Shoot, didn't make them like him much back when he was made!

Top Bottom