What's new

Avon Aftershave vs Cologne

I have found that I really like the scent of Avon Deep Woods. However, It is very short-lived on me so I'm considering trying to find the matching cologne.
In terms of longevity, how do Avon colognes typically compare to the corresponding aftershaves? (especially Deep Woods and Oland)

Colognes are usually much longer lasting than Aftershaves. Aftershaves can be quite strong for a short period of time, but colognes have a higher fragrance content than aftershaves.

Thanks for the reply, CdshavBer.
I was hoping to get some comments on the longevity of the Avon products, in particular.

I have found that I really like the scent of Avon Deep Woods. However, It is very short-lived on me so I'm considering trying to find the matching cologne.
In terms of longevity, how do Avon colognes typically compare to the corresponding aftershaves? (especially Deep Woods and Oland)
I have two vintage Avon scents in both aftershave and cologne. They are Brisk Spice and Wild Country. The colognes are stronger scent -wise and maybe a bit different than the aftershaves. My experience with cologne longevity is 3 to 4 hours. If you find some Deep Woods cologne, it should be stronger and very close in scent to the aftershave. Wish you luck finding the Deep Woods cologne. Ebay, thrift stores and garage sales are your best chances. Deep Woods is a nice scent for the cooler/colder months.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My experience is that vintage Avon scents are great, but the colognes are only more intense, not much longer lasting.

If you haven't already, try Blend 7. It's Avon's best, closely followed by Tai Winds and Bay Rum. Tho Bay Rum has no cologne version I'm aware of.

Happy hunting!

My experience is that vintage Avon scents are great, but the colognes are only more intense, not much longer lasting.

If you haven't already, try Blend 7. It's Avon's best, closely followed by Tai Winds and Bay Rum. Tho Bay Rum has no cologne version I'm aware of.

Happy hunting!

Thanks, Gents.
FarmerTan- I purchased some Blend 7 off the bay, but I think it had gone bad. It was part of a mug/aftershave combo, and the AS bottle was plastic (I thought it was going to be milkglass). I'll need to try it again.
In my hunting so far, Avon Bay Rum seems to be non-existant on the bay.

FarmerTan

Thanks, Gents.
FarmerTan- I purchased some Blend 7 off the bay, but I think it had gone bad. It was part of a mug/aftershave combo, and the AS bottle was plastic (I thought it was going to be milkglass). I'll need to try it again.
In my hunting so far, Avon Bay Rum seems to be non-existant on the bay.
Lol! I thought the same thing! Mines always been in glass, but the first time I smelled it I both loved and was repelled by it! Give it time maybe.

Lol! I thought the same thing! Mines always been in glass, but the first time I smelled it I both loved and was repelled by it! Give it time maybe.

When I first apply the Blend 7, it has a VERY strong non-Avon smell... like cheap rubbing alcohol, but eventually mellows into a more Avon-esque scent. Is this typical for Blend 7?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
For some, it's only a slight difference. Depending on your tolerance - and if the scent has faded any - you can slap the cologne on your face after a shave. I do that with Tabac sometimes ... "Aftershave Cologne" is a thing, according to Pinaud.

AA

FarmerTan

When I first apply the Blend 7, it has a VERY strong non-Avon smell... like cheap rubbing alcohol, but eventually mellows into a more Avon-esque scent. Is this typical for Blend 7?
I am LOUSY at describing smells, but Blend 7 just grew on me. It is like nothing else I've ever smelled. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Top Bottom