What's new

Avoiding Schick Landfill

Very happy with my J Schick razor but something feels bad every time I finish with an injector and have to throw it away! Does anyone sell just the injector blades which I can use to refill my current injector?

One of the reasons I transitioned to the DE razors from cartridge is that there is no plastic waste, I buy Astra blades that come in a cardboard wrapper, not a plastic one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Injector blades are available on Amazon.com and in some independent drug stores in America. They are labeled Schick and are made in China. Excellent blades, it is common to get 20 or more shaves from them

As far as I know, nobody sells loose injector blades. Even if you buy the hair-shaper blades, they come in an injector magazine, even though it doesn't have an injector key. Buying loose blades would defeat the purpose of an injector razor, which is to eliminate having to handle bare razor blades.

Loose injector blades would mean far more trips to the ER when it came time to change them out. You shouldn't feel bad at all about tossing an injector filled with used blades. The blades are now safe from little hands when properly disposed. Feel good about it!

Top Bottom