What's new

Avoid 5 O'Clock Shadow!

proxy.php

Unfortunately I am a bluebeard so it looks like I have a 5oclock shadow after I am done shaving.
Oh well, great post, I love those old ads

Or you we could just shave again at 4:30, perhaps.

Any time, every time, I've ever used electric shavers on any relatively regular basis, that's exactly what I have had to do, plus the discomfort of irritated skin from the shavers. Without some color from being outdoors, my natural skin color is quite pale and my beard was darker colored than my hair. My temples turned gray at about age 35, and the grayness progressed both directions from there. All of my beard is totally white now. I can't have any "shadow" effect any more. My hair, what's left of it, still has some color mixed in the gray.

With a DE razor, and just two passes, when I did have dark whiskers, I had a shadow effect somewhat after 5:00 and would need to shave again if I went out somewhere special after 7:00. These days, paying attention to what I'm doing, and / or relying on Injectors / SEs, I'm still in good shape, stubble-wise, 12 hours after I have shaved.

If you have dark hair and fair skin, you are not going to avoid five o'clock shadow now matter how close you shave. Fortunatly for me, I have light brown hair and a somewhat darker complexion than most (probably due to my mixed race heritage) so I don't really need to shave for appearances sake but once every 36 hours or so. That's not to say my face is smooth to the touch, just that it doesn't show up to all but the most detailed visual inspection.

I'm in the unfortunate position of having to shave everyday if I don't want to look scruffy but I can't grow a decent beard or mustache to save my life. The perpetual facial growth of a 14 year old in my 20s?

If only it took a quarter for such extraordinary proof offers today.

Regulation of outrageous, unproven claims in advertising is a bit stonger today.
I remember one cigarette company many years ago claiming that if you switched to their (unfiltered) brand you had "nothing to lose but your smoker's cough" (ad's exact words).
The above ads. basically make the same sort of unproven claim; "You've got nothing to lose but your 5 o'clock shadow".
As an ex smoker and a blackbeard I can say both claims were utterly false.

Top Bottom