What's new

Avocado creams - do some people like this scent?

I shaved a couple of times with Taylor's avocado cream. I vary from disliking the scent to tolerating it. Is there any benefit to continuing to use it, or is it the scent that some people find appealing? Is it really noticeably better for sensitive skin or just very slightly better and some people like this fragrance?

The first time I used the Avocado, I was not "overjoyed" with it, however, it left my skin incredible soft. After a few more uses, I began to look forward to it's unique scent. Scent preference is a personal thing, so it may just not be your "cup of tea".

Randy

I am neutral towards the scent. I like the quality of shaves that I get from avocado. There is a benefit for people with sensitive skin. If you don't have sensitive skin and dislike the scent, trade it off and get something you like.

I find the scent very subtle, but my schnoz isn't very sensitive. They changed the scent a bit when they reformulated recently. I find I prefer the old scent; I'm basically neutral on the new scent.

--Mark

Yeah, I guess I don't really dislike it. It's just that I like all the other ones I have, Eton College, Rose, etc. I wasn't sure if Avocado had any benefits that offset the more mundane fragrance. I'll have to sniff an avocado and see if I'm just imagining things.

TAsunder said:
Yeah, I guess I don't really dislike it. It's just that I like all the other ones I have, Eton College, Rose, etc. I wasn't sure if Avocado had any benefits that offset the more mundane fragrance. I'll have to sniff an avocado and see if I'm just imagining things.

It does not smell like guacamole or avocado. They just use avocado oil. :biggrin:

I get some of my best shaves with it, and am neutral on the scent. Some scents grow on me though, as my nose is pretty sensitive. It's fresh and kinda floral, I suppose.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'll vote neutral on this scent, as well. It's tolerable, and somewhat pleasant, as far as I'm concerned, but nowhere as alluring as some others (eg: their rose, Trumper's violet, CF lavender, etc.).

Even if I disliked the scent I would still use it, as the lather it provides is as lubricationg and luxurious as any around. I always seem to get a good shave from this blend.

If you want a cream similar (better, actually) in quality with a more pleasant, refreshing scent, try Harris Arlington.

AACJ said:
I think it would be more interesting if it DID smell like guacamole!!
Sounds good to me too! Can you imagine some refritos asb and a spritz of pico de gallo cologne? Mmmm, mmmm!
As far as the Taylors scents and their various shaving qualities, I believe this is fair ground for the cognocenti.:ohmy: Only having seven different Taylors creams, I find it difficult to discern any difference other than fragrance.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
guenron said:
Sounds good to me too! Can you imagine some refritos asb and a spritz of pico de gallo cologne? Mmmm, mmmm!
As far as the Taylors scents and their various shaving qualities, I believe this is fair ground for the cognocenti.:ohmy: Only having seven different Taylors creams, I find it difficult to discern any difference other than fragrance.

Interesting. I would agree that of the six Taylor creams I have, they do tend to be similar, with the avocado being the lone notable exception. I think it has a far richer quality than the rest of their line.

With many shave products it is often a matter of what irritates the least. The Taylor rose, for example, never bothers my skin, and I love it. With the avocado, I really do find it to be denser and more lubricating by an order of magnitude.

Of course, the formulae may be identical, and I may be daft. Wouldn't be the first time!

The formula appears to differ a little bit from others such as eton college. But all the ingredients are chemical names or seemingly in foreign languages so it's hard to tell.

Top Bottom