What's new

Avis Mustang Convertible Rental

Hey Gents, my fiancee and I are taking a short honeymoon after our upcoming wedding in a couple of weeks. We're going up to Traverse City, Michigan to do some wine tasting and and exploring of the Grand Traverse Bay area. We decided that we'd treat ourselves and rent a convertible for the trip rather than taking our own car.

I've got a Mustang Convertible booked through Avis for the trip. This satisfies her desire for a convertible and gives me a fun car to drive for the few days that we'll be up there.

Has anyone rented a Mustang rag top from Avis before? If so, have you been lucky enough to get a GT version with the V8? A friend of mine has a base V6 coupe and even that is a heck of a lot of fun, but given the automatic that I'll inevitably get in a rental, I wouldn't mind having the V8. I still need to call Avis and ask about the possibility, but I'm hoping the brain trust here might have some insight.

Thanks folks!

Yes, I have actually. I think it was Avis anyway, it was at least 15 years ago so I'm not sure I can be of a lot of help. I would venture though that they are the V6s.

From what I've found looking around online, they usually are. Apparently V8s can be found sometimes though. We don't pick it up until 11am, so I might call them that morning and see if I can have them set V8 aside for me if they have one.

My biggest fear in the whole thing is the "or similar" portion of the "Mustang Convertible or similar" listing. If I get there and they try to give me a Chrysler 200 convertible, I won't be a happy camper.

I just gave the Avis location a call, all of their convertibles are Mustangs and Camaros, so I won't be disappointed with what I'm driving.

Wife to be says she prefers the Camaro, I'm sort of undecided but leaning towards Mustang. I've ridden in a Mustang, but not a Camaro. I haven't driven either.

Can anyone who has driven both speak to which would be more comfortable for a big driver? I currently drive a Chevrolet Malibu and don't see the Camaro being any less comfortable than that is.

If you are concerned about fit and comfort for a "big driver", why not swing by a dealership or two if you have some nearby, and sit behind the wheel while still parked in the lot. It would give you some sort of guess as to which one may just not work at all for you.

Top Bottom