What's new

Aviation-inspired razors?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I am aware of the Blackland Blackbird. Other than that are there other aviation-inspired DE razors?

Yes infact there are, The Henson AL13 is manufactured in the same facility, that makes precision parts, for the International Space Station. The razor is aviation inspired, as it uses aircraft grade aluminum for one thing.

proxy.php

The Henson is made by a company that makes aerospace parts. They use the same machinery and they use “aircraft grade“ aluminium.
I am at a loss to see how this makes it aircraft inspired.
The same machinery can be used to make knobs for kitchen cabinets, bottle openers or key rings. Let‘s not invent stuff here.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The Henson is made by a company that makes aerospace parts. They use the same machinery and they use “aircraft grade“ aluminium.
I am at a loss to see how this makes it aircraft inspired.
The same machinery can be used to make knobs for kitchen cabinets, bottle openers or key rings. Let‘s not invent stuff here.
Ok, it's kitchen cabinet inspired. Or key ring inspired.
I'm interested in a bottle opener inspired razor.
I can open my beer with the same tool while I'm shaving! :w00t:

Plastic disposable razors can still be taken on board a plane, and they also have them for free in the bathrooms on the plane if you want a shave. So they are real aviation razors, in a way, and more than just inspired by aviation.

I agree, I never saw what the Blackbird razor had in common with the SR-71 plane, but maybe there are parts of it that resemble parts of the SR-71 (just not the wings or engines or fuselage, which would be the parts you recognise as an airplane).

What about The Holy Black SR-71 razor? It's black. It's a razor. It's named the SR-71. So it must be aviation inspired.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
What about The Holy Black SR-71 razor? It's black. It's a razor. It's named the SR-71. So it must be aviation inspired.

SR-71 in name only. :nono:

Heaviest razor is part of the advertising campaign? The Hone, at 163 grams, now that is a heavy razor.

Super Speeds came out the 40's, not aviation inspired, but what a cool name.

~doug~

We’ve been talking about the Lambda Athena elsewhere but I think it looks a bit like a plane with the handle shape, if you imagine the head is a propellor. If they put a little man with a leather helmet and goggles in the handle it would definitely qualify. Would still be missing wings, but I think that would be hard to shave with, especially as it looks like a bi-plane to me.

FAADB5FC-29C4-4119-B978-94FB55BDAFF5.jpeg

R

romsitsa

Ok. Gillette Single ring. Advertised with airmen, made of brass.

Top Bottom