What's new

Average use per blade

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Most blades will give me 10-14 shaves per blade. Those which may go further include Feather, Gillette SharpEdge, Astra SP, and Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Thanks for the great data in your chart! Do you plan to add more blade types? I would be curious to know where Nacet, Permasharp and Wizamet (Polsilver) would fall on your chart. I typically cannot get more than 2 comfortable shaves from any blade except for Nacet and Wizamet.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks for the great data in your chart! Do you plan to add more blade types? I would be curious to know where Nacet, Permasharp and Wizamet (Polsilver) would fall on your chart. I typically cannot get more than 2 comfortable shaves from any blade except for Nacet and Wizamet.
Not at the moment. That excel spreadsheet works well for blades but things like soap and aftershaves would take a while even if I focus on them.

I believe that I have some of those blades somewhere, stashed...

4.... shaves 2 thru 4 are better than the initial. I could most likely go at least a couple more shaves with each blade but I rotate my razor after 4 shaves.

Thanks for the nice information.
2 blades caught my attention: Astra SS lasts less than the Astra SP and also the Feather SE has a rather short life.....

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Great data, @Luc. :thumbup:

My facial hair is pretty coarse and wiry so I go 5 - 6 shaves maximum (3 with Feather) per blade.

Life is too short to fight with dull blades. ;)

I use Feather blades exclusively. Always one shave per blade. A fresh blade for every shave was the reason for switching to DE. With cartridges it would be totally unaffordable.

Good info Luc!

For me I only use certain blades in certain razors. On the whole I use slants for a 2 pass shave daily.

Maggard slant with Nacet can go for 10 shaves but I often throw after 7.

German 37 with Rapira Platinum Lux or Astra SS can do 6-7 shaves but throw after 5.

Top Bottom