What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

AVEO MEN shaving brush (boar bristle)

AVEO is the brand of the Müller cosmetics/drug store here, and this brush sells for 2.99 euros and is said to be made in Germany. I think that the same knot is used for the Wilkinson Sword boar bristle brush here; I don't own it, but the only difference I can see is the handles.

IMG_20210716_221025.jpg IMG_20210715_210708(1).jpg

I've only used it a couple of times so far, and it feels a bit stiff and dense on the face, but I cannot really argue with the result, which is a very good lather. However, it does tend to eat up the lather for a 3rd pass, well, more than my Omega boar bristle brush at least, but perhaps it is still breaking in.

In the end I think it is a decent and good brush, without even considering the price.

AVEO is the brand of the Müller cosmetics/drug store here, and this brush sells for 2.99 euros and is said to be made in Germany. I think that the same knot is used for the Wilkinson Sword boar bristle brush here; I don't own it, but the only difference I can see is the handles.

View attachment 1300395 View attachment 1300399

I've only used it a couple of times so far, and it feels a bit stiff and dense on the face, but I cannot really argue with the result, which is a very good lather. However, it does tend to eat up the lather for a 3rd pass, well, more than my Omega boar bristle brush at least, but perhaps it is still breaking in.

In the end I think it is a decent and good brush, without even considering the price.
What soap is that?

Yup, the new one is without tallow.
Why is everyone ruining everything?

Well, anyway, this is how I do it with the AVEO MEN brush (don't know if it is right or wrong, and feedback is appreciated):
-soak the brush for 10 mins in warm water
-sprinkle some warm water on the soap too
-give the brush 2-3 good shakes
-load for 30 secs (initially it looks too wet, but soon the bubbles go away)
-face lather (face is also wet)

Why is everyone ruining everything?

Well, anyway, this is how I do it with the AVEO MEN brush (don't know if it is right or wrong, and feedback is appreciated):
-soak the brush for 10 mins in warm water
-sprinkle some warm water on the soap too
-give the brush 2-3 good shakes
-load for 30 secs (initially it looks too wet, but soon the bubbles go away)
-face lather (face is also wet)
Exactly what i do, but my soaking is longer, i start soak, then i go eat and drink coffee ;D its maybi 10-30min for me.

Top Bottom