What's new

Aventus scented aftershaves?

Thinking about grabbing some DG Sellout and I was looking for an aftershave to go with it. Currently, the DG aftershave is sold out. Any opinions on Aventus scented aftershaves? Primarily looking at Stirling EM, Fine Platinum, and A&E Spartacus AS/Skin food. I'm looking for something that works best with sensitive skin. Thanks for any and all opinions!

PAA Doppleganger Grey Label and WSP Olympus are also Aventus clones. Samples are available from either the vendor or Maggards for all/most. I would start there.

Razorock Emperor. Goes on sale from time to time.

emp-2.jpg

Sir Beardoc, IMHO, don't waste time looking for Aventus aftershaves!
Just get the real thing as a cologne.
Then add any somewhat-neutral splash, if you like!
Enjoy your journey!
Let's see, a small bottle of Aventus costs over $400 at retail. A bottle of Sterling or Razorock aftershave costs under $15. Do you have money to burn?

obviously you haven't done any shopping!
the small size is 1.7 oz, not 3 oz or, for heavens sake, 16 oz!
and the small size goes for under 200$ at several retailers.
i think i paid around $130 for mine.
well worth it, imho.
you get what you pay for.

aventus walmart.jpg

aventus fs.jpg

aventus ebay.jpg

obviously you haven't done any shopping!
the small size is 1.7 oz, not 3 oz or, for heavens sake, 16 oz!
and the small size goes for under 200$ at several retailers.
i think i paid around $130 for mine.
well worth it, imho.
you get what you pay for.
I never buy any expensive colognes. I could afford it, but it's not worth the money to me. My most expensive aftershave was around $15, which was a splurge.

P.S. I bought a 100ml bottle of Razorock Emperor for $8 on sale. I was curious to find out what all the Aventus buzz was about. I'm sure it is not as good as the real thing, but it is pretty nice as aftershaves go.

Last edited:
I never buy any expensive colognes. I could afford it, but it's not worth the money to me. My most expensive aftershave was around $15, which was a splurge.

P.S. I bought a 100ml bottle of Razorock Emperor for $8 on sale. I was curious to find out what all the Aventus buzz was about. I'm sure it is not as good as the real thing, but it is pretty nice as aftershaves go.

The real Creed juice can be used for a LONG time compared to an AS splash, one squirt on the neck is plenty. Nothing else actually nails that scent exactly either. If the OP has the cash to spend, it's hardly a huge expense in the long run. I don't bother with aftershave myself, one squirt of a good frag lasts all day long.

The real Creed juice can be used for a LONG time compared to an AS splash, one squirt on the neck is plenty. Nothing else actually nails that scent exactly either. If the OP has the cash to spend, it's hardly a huge expense in the long run. I don't bother with aftershave myself, one squirt of a good frag lasts all day long.
That's good if you like it. I don't really want a scent to last all day, I'd like it to last just a little while and serve the purpose of a good aftershave.

i got the PPA doppelganger and aventus aftershave cream. the PPA compared to the real aventus is like a Chrysler 300 next to a rolls royce. if you like the smell. i would get the real one. its 105 usd. a bit expensive, but that makes it more exclusive. and the balm is really good too.

My advice would be to get a sample to test the original stuff before buying. I didn't even like it in the longer run (was to smoky for my taste in the end). I prefer the fresher clones like Stirling EM (or Insurrection II pure as an EdT).

Captain’s Choice Venture is a great Aventus based after shave. WSP Olympus has a place in me den as well.

Last edited:
The PAA is good enough for me and has good staying power.

I've also tried Sterling Executive Man and RazorRock Emperor. I like them all. These two have less staying power but they're also good for me.

Top Bottom