What's new

Avenger blades!?!?!?

I came across some AVENGER DE blades recently. Really cheap so I ordered a 100 pack.

These are the only blades that I've ever seen advertised as Silicone coated.

I can't find a country of origin on the package, only a distributor.

Shave #1 was actually really good and smooth in a Ming Shi Futur clone at 4.5. Impressive start.

The blade box is marked "single use only" but I think I'm going to give the first blade another go!

This was the seller's picture

1656728122428.png

It just occurred to me looking at the picture that it doesn't say anything about shaving on the box. 😬
I could see how "single use" silicone coated blades could be useful for industrial purposes though...
But you already shaved with them so, I don't know. :thumbup1:

It just occurred to me looking at the picture that it doesn't say anything about shaving on the box. 😬
I could see how "single use" silicone coated blades could be useful for industrial purposes though...
But you already shaved with them so, I don't know. :thumbup1:
I was thinking the same thing. The only other 'industrial' blade that I can think of that people use for shaving are made by KAI.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I came across some AVENGER DE blades recently.
The biggest issue researching this is that Gillette had some incredibly viral posts about some Avengers themed cartridge razors with super powers a few years ago. And that is all that comes up when googling Avenger Razor Blades. Lol.

I reached out to the seller and this is the response that I got:

"We started having these blades manufactured in S.Korea using a German s/s blade that was imported.
The original concept was to assist in a market that was a huge market. Bread makers.
We found that the same quality most are using scouring bread was from the same factories.

So we launched the brand for professional use. Instead of pumping a ton of money into promoting the blades we repackaged a bit nicer and offered to barber suppliers. The demand was steady till the middle of the pandemic when a lot slowed down.

Simply put I decided to put it out to the market via eBay to see if we can build a brand at low cost by word of mouth and sales.

It is a great quality and have had many happy users."

Not sure that I've heard of a Korean blade that uses German steel.

I reached out to the seller and this is the response that I got:

"We started having these blades manufactured in S.Korea using a German s/s blade that was imported.
The original concept was to assist in a market that was a huge market. Bread makers.
We found that the same quality most are using scouring bread was from the same factories.

So we launched the brand for professional use. Instead of pumping a ton of money into promoting the blades we repackaged a bit nicer and offered to barber suppliers. The demand was steady till the middle of the pandemic when a lot slowed down.

Simply put I decided to put it out to the market via eBay to see if we can build a brand at low cost by word of mouth and sales.

It is a great quality and have had many happy users."

Not sure that I've heard of a Korean blade that uses German steel.

Who did you contact?

The ebay seller I got them from had "more than 10 available" but ended the listing after my purchase. I do know I plaid about $7 for the 100 blades and the postage was $4. Not sure if that took them by surprise.

If it's Korean made, I guess it's probably made by Dorco. Still, I don't recall ever seeing blades advertised with Silicone coatings.

I was thinking the same thing. The only other 'industrial' blade that I can think of that people use for shaving are made by KAI.

Not sure on the Kai blades, but I know there are "pathology" injector blades but I've never tried one. I guess the Personna Lab blades weren't intended for shaving either.

Who did you contact?

The ebay seller I got them from had "more than 10 available" but ended the listing after my purchase. I do know I plaid about $7 for the 100 blades and the postage was $4. Not sure if that took them by surprise.

If it's Korean made, I guess it's probably made by Dorco. Still, I don't recall ever seeing blades advertised with Silicone coatings.
I messaged the seller Jolly1324. I also have trouble believing that they are DORCOs, I don't think are still made in SK, and I don't think they use German steel.

I’ll trade you a tuck for a tuck, are you interested in new or vintage?

These are bulk packed so no tucks, but I am willing to trade.

I'm not really a collector and I have this "thing" about vintage blades - If I really like them, it can be difficult to get any more.

So modern blades will be fine. I got these blades pretty cheap so I wouldn't expect a fancy trade. Also, I do have a large variety already. PM me.

Top Bottom