What's new

Avalon Organics Peppermint Moisturizing Cream Shave

So,

Today I encountered what may possibly be the worse shave cream on earth… I can’t say for certain, since I didn’t actually try to shave with it. Being honest, I’m not certain that I will. As I’ve mentioned many times, and likely will many more, I’m new to the weird and wonderful world of classic wetshaving... and, as an overly excited, moderately obsessive-compulsive amateur, well, I guess that I talk about shaving quite frequently. My fiancée, sensing my enthusiasm (and perhaps trying to shut me up by giving me a new toy/product) brought me a tube of “Avalon Organics Peppermint Moisturizing Cream Shave” from the local pharmacy. I was impressed, rather than ignoring me, and my new obsession, she is being supportive and mildly interested.

Well, it didn’t take long before my curiosity got the best of me and I just had to find out how well this stuff would lather up. To my surprise, it didn’t. Really. It produced absolutely no lather. I used some extra cream – nothing. I used some extra water – nothing. I twirled and spun and twisted my brush – nothing. It appears that there is no way to get this to lather at all. It is disappointing really; the stuff has a wonderful peppermint aroma that would be invigorating for a morning shave. As for my fiancée; I’m not sure how to tell her that her gift sucks (though, I certainly won’t phrase it that way), but God (or deity of your own choosing should you object to “God”), I love her for trying.

NMMB said:
As for my fiancée; I’m not sure how to tell her that her gift sucks (though, I certainly won’t phrase it that way), but God (or deity of your own choosing should you object to “God”), I love her for trying.

Smart man. Don't bite the hand that one day might shave you. :wink:

Lie. Tell her you love it and that she should try shaving her legs with it. With this technique, you force her to be the one to proclaims it's crappiness.

NMMB,

I'm guessing the real issue is that Avalon Organics is a brushless cream. Try it without the brush :mad: and see what happens. I think the shave will improve, the aroma will be excellent, and your brush will be lonely!

Randy

Top Bottom