What's new

Autumn clothing - What's your style? Favorite article to wear?

Layers. Fall in Colorado means brilliant warm sunshine piercing the cool air. Weather blows in and out, to dramatic effect, in the span of hours. When the sun hits the horizon, the temperature plummets. Dressing appropriately could mean shorts, or parkas, within the span of 24 hours. This time of year especially, we need to keep the entire arsenal at hand.
Same thing in NE Ohio.

I favor my Nautica cardigan I picked up last year, called the hipster sweater. Tommy or Nautica jeans are wonderful for their fit and quality, along with my reversible fleece/canvas jacket. Long sleeved tees, cargo pants when I must head out on days I need to carry spare items, and my Merrell Rally Moc for slip-on shoe comfort.

On those rare days it is truly cold, I have a gorgeous Nautica cashmere car coat I picked up two late summers ago at Burlington Coat Factory. I absolutely adore that coat, and it gets many compliments. After a minor stitching repair to the back of the collar that Burlington paid for (no kidding), it is a flawless piece I cannot be without! :thumbup1:

Long sleeve graphic tees and North Face jackets or vests. I've got a nice collection of North Face jackets and vests. Love 'em!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Long sleeve graphic tees and North Face jackets or vests. I've got a nice collection of North Face jackets and vests. Love 'em!

I don't see my North Face coat on their website. Think Carhartt coat, but North Face logo. I really like it. Super warm and perfect for the mild winters here in TN.

pretty much this without the breast pockets. and a North Face logo, but black so the logo blends in. That's why I got it, because it wasn't the typical North Face coat you always see.

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/...0101&storeId=10051&productId=146511&langId=-1

I'm in SoCal so it doesn't really get too cold (I did my cold weather in Wyoming and Colorado) but I do layer a little bit with Cabela's Safari shirts (sleeves rolled up, or not) over a t-shirt, or if it's colder a Simms fleece zip pullover.

Last edited:
Gents, when we post please watch what you say. I am sure Toothpick and the mods will like this reminder. Yesterday someone decided to post something innapropriate regarding flannel. Thank you for your cooperation and have a great day.

Here in Georgia the really cold weather doesn't usually come around until late December or January. But my favorite article for when the temps do start to grow cooler is my zip up fleece by Columbia. - I have been known to wear it around in the house when the wife and I can't agree on the temp setting.

i carry a lot of wool - sweaters, pants, hats. jeans, chinos, button down shirts, cardigans. sometimes sneakers, sometimes redwings, & i tend to push my boat shoe use deep into autumn. still get a lot of wear out of a woolrich rain coat or 2. and then light bomber/baseball type jackets. i've wanted a good vintage varsity jacket for the last couple seasons but haven't found one yet...

Top Bottom