What's new

Auto-generated welcome threads

Hello,

Just curious to ask as to why new members who join, don't automatically watch threads made for them. In my opinion it's a sweet thing to do and I'm all for it, but I never actually received any alerts for it -- besides the initial @ my name when the thread was empty. After that, as a new member, it's really easy to miss what y'all post.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the purpose of it and it's just meant for the links in the bots signature.

But overall, this is a warm and respectful community of many ages and backgrounds. Great forum! :thumbup:

Cheers.

If you wish to get notified of a thread update you either have to "Watch" the thread or post in it and have your settings set to "subscribe" to each thread automatically.

If you wish to get notified of a thread update you either have to "Watch" the thread or post in it and have your settings set to "subscribe" to each thread automatically.

Yup. Just wanted to point out though that a few people always welcome the new members in those threads -- which unfortunately can go unnoticed.

Just an idea if it's possible to make new members watch the threads automatically that were generated for them. Could also be an easy place to point them towards the right places to post, ask questions, etc.

Top Bottom