What's new

Austrian Artisan Cologne

Could be bullxxxx bingo could be amazing. I’ll give it a try once I’m a bit through my current acquisitions.

Looks interesting, although I always have a problem when they claim it's both A/S and EDT/EDC...

A good quality A/S will have skin soothing and nurturing ingredients, like Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Castor Oil, etc, etc... while EDT/EDC will have NONE of those and a much higher concentration of fragrance oil. So, if it's "both", I'm afraid it won't be particularly good in either aspect. Most likely a very poor A/S and if they claim it can be applied to freshly shaved skin, it tells me it'll have a very low % of fragrance oil, thus won't be lasting.

I'd skip it.

Looks interesting, although I always have a problem when they claim it's both A/S and EDT/EDC...

A good quality A/S will have skin soothing and nurturing ingredients, like Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Castor Oil, etc, etc... while EDT/EDC will have NONE of those and a much higher concentration of fragrance oil. So, if it's "both", I'm afraid it won't be particularly good in either aspect. Most likely a very poor A/S and if they claim it can be applied to freshly shaved skin, it tells me it'll have a very low % of fragrance oil, thus won't be lasting.

I'd skip it.
Ingredients (INCI): Alcohol denat., aqua, perfume, isopropyl alcohol, menthol, limonene, linalool, coumarin, eugenol.

It could work with 1-2 drops added vegetable glycerin.

OAM is such a hybrid (high proof, high on fragrance oils) that still works as an AS as it has added Castor oil.

Ingredients: Alcohol Denat. Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Linalool

Ingredients (INCI): Alcohol denat., aqua, perfume, isopropyl alcohol, menthol, limonene, linalool, coumarin, eugenol.

It could work with 1-2 drops added vegetable glycerin.

OAM is such a hybrid (high proof, high on fragrance oils) that still works as an AS as it has added Castor oil.

Ingredients: Alcohol Denat. Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Linalool
Someone making such a product doesn't make it a "proof".

Again, good A/S is rich in skin-care ingredients and has just 1-2% fragrance oil (or less).

Quality "cologne" OTOH, is rich with fragrance oils, but has no skin conditioning properties, as that is not its purpose.

Blend two in one and you end up with a product that will either irritate your skin or won't last as a fragrance.

Someone making such a product doesn't make it a "proof".

Again, good A/S is rich in skin-care ingredients and has just 1-2% fragrance oil (or less).

Quality "cologne" OTOH, is rich with fragrance oils, but has no skin conditioning properties, as that is not its purpose.

Blend two in one and you end up with a product that will either irritate your skin or won't last as a fragrance.
Everything you say is right yet against all odds Officina Artigiana Milano works for my skin. Long lasting scent with good face feel after dry down and I don’t mind the initial alcohol sting.

Everything you say is right yet against all odds Officina Artigiana Milano works for my skin. Long lasting scent with good face feel after dry down and I don’t mind the initial alcohol sting.
As they say - YMMV. Perhaps you have a skin like a rhino 😁

If the description is to be believed, with 80% alcohol and 15% fragrance oil (which is EDP category), I wouldn't be keen on putting this stuff on my face post shave.

That said, the scent profile looks great and I'd be happy to test this as a regular "cologne".

1621846783985.png

As they say - YMMV. Perhaps you have a skin like a rhino 😁

If the description is to be believed, with 80% alcohol and 15% fragrance oil (which is EDP category), I wouldn't be keen on putting this stuff on my face post shave.

That said, the scent profile looks great and I'd be happy to test this as a regular "cologne".

View attachment 1271264
Yup it’s quite robust I have to say.
Also the croap is top notch and has all the skin goodies that you are looking for.

Got it, it’s very nice, spicy woods with a hint of fruitiness.

Definitely a cologne, moderate projection, long-lasting, good twelve hours, yet is smooth even upon application. I can’t stand fragrances that go on acrid and pungent and take a while to become tolerable. This is why my favourites are Trumper Eucris and DR Harris Windsor and Sandalwood.

Top Bottom