What's new

Australian Shaving Supplies

No problem, it's entirely up to you, some people don't mind emailing but please just 'phone if you feel happier that way.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I've updated wiki as I found another Pharmacy around Melbourne that stocks shaving goodies.

I took the opportunity to update the format so it's easier to read and keep it up-to-date (see Canadian wetshaving supplies for the format).

I intend to list the visited shops where there's more than one (such as Shaver shop) with their addresses so we know what they stock exactly...

I added a 'Honemeister' section at the end. It's currently empty as I want to ask before I put some names in there...

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Australia_shaving_supplies

good work mate.
1 thing only. wouldn't it be better to have it sorted by city instead of name of the shop?

Like:
Sydney
Melbourne
then
Online (Australia)
Online (Overseas)

Cheers

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
good work mate.
1 thing only. wouldn't it be better to have it sorted by city instead of name of the shop?

Like:
Sydney
Melbourne
then
Online (Australia)
Online (Overseas)

Cheers

That's also do-able. I tried to include some tags. If you search 'NSW' you should be able to do a 'Find Next' on all the NSW shops. Same for 'Online shop'...

I think there's a feature in wiki to tag those specific entries and sort them in a specific order depending on how the person wants to see it. My knowledge in wiki is too limited to know how to do that.

If we turn the sorting around, I think it should be by state not by city... However, re-doing the whole list will take quite some time...

Hi johnmrson et all,
I have just added a product called simply Badger and Blade in the fragrance library section. There is no image, just an Ivy House logo, and the cost is listed as $10. You will be charged $8 for postage. If any of you would like the fragrance library please order there and I'll get them out to you asap. Payments are processed through paypal.
Thanks gents.

Hi johnmrson et all,
I have just added a product called simply Badger and Blade in the fragrance library section. There is no image, just an Ivy House logo, and the cost is listed as $10. You will be charged $8 for postage. If any of you would like the fragrance library please order there and I'll get them out to you asap. Payments are processed through paypal.
Thanks gents.

Thank you kindly. I was so impressed by your response, I bought 2 of the B&B products. It's great to have vendors that actually listen to what their customers want. As a result, I'm more than happy to support your business.
I've been wanting to try the Floris range of scents for a while and you have offered the perfect solution. I've got a tube of Floris shaving cream and it is a very impressive product.

Do you think that you'll be able to offer other products with online payment via Paypal? As someone that now shops alot more online than in a physical shop I find Paypal such a convenient way to pay for online purchases.

Hi All.
I'm looking to clean a tech I bought from an antique shop today.
All the tutorials and etc make reference to American products.
Anyone knows what we can use down under?
PS: should I open a separate thread? I thought this might be more useful as it has become the defacto australians thread.

I just boiled mine in a bit of bi carb soda and washing detergent. After that gave it a good scrub with an old toothbrush and toothpaste.

Thank you kindly. I was so impressed by your response, I bought 2 of the B&B products. It's great to have vendors that actually listen to what their customers want. As a result, I'm more than happy to support your business.
I've been wanting to try the Floris range of scents for a while and you have offered the perfect solution. I've got a tube of Floris shaving cream and it is a very impressive product.

Do you think that you'll be able to offer other products with online payment via Paypal? As someone that now shops alot more online than in a physical shop I find Paypal such a convenient way to pay for online purchases.

I'm not sure whether you mean other Floris products or entirely different things but the answer is yes to both! All Floris products are available online at Ivy House as well as a wide (and growing) range of other items from Irish linen and silver cutlery to wedding decorations and gifts. All payments are securely made through paypal. I have your order for the fragrance libraries and will send them out to you tomorrow morning, hope you enjoy and let me know what you think. Feedback always much appreciated.

Sorry, I didn't realise you offered Paypal as a standard payment option. In that case I'd better get started on those samples when they arrive so I can pick a Floris scent or two to buy. I might just have to grab another tube of the Floris shaving cream.

Sorry, I didn't realise you offered Paypal as a standard payment option. In that case I'd better get started on those samples when they arrive so I can pick a Floris scent or two to buy. I might just have to grab another tube of the Floris shaving cream.

Which fragrance is the shaving cream you already have? You may already have a favourite! There are four fragrances that run through the range and then others that are EDTs and soaps.
By the way, love that Churchill quote, it's one of his best and boy did he have some good ones. "A modest man, who has much to be modest about" (Clement Atlee) is another cracker.

I have the Floris No89 shaving cream. It's very very nice. Great scent and a wonderful cream.
I've been a fan of Winston's for many a year. I even had a custom brush made in his honour with one of his memorial coins set in the base and "The Churchill" embossed in Old English silver lettering on the side.

This is another of his great quotes
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

Great service from Ivyhouse. The two lots of Floris samples arrived in todays post. I'm going to have a good time trying all of them out. On first sniff the Limes Classic and Bouquet de la Reine are both beautiful scents.

Hi johnmrson et all,
Thanks gents.

Great idea - I just pulled the trigger on an order and look forward to trying the scents.

Thanks again much appreciated.

Great service from Ivyhouse. The two lots of Floris samples arrived in todays post. I'm going to have a good time trying all of them out. On first sniff the Limes Classic and Bouquet de la Reine are both beautiful scents.

I second that! I ordered mine over the weekend, and they arrived today!
Second business day? That's awesome.

Thanks again Jacqueline - you were a pleasure to deal with :tongue_sm
(Sorry, couldn't resist saying that again. Please don't hit me)

I second that! I ordered mine over the weekend, and they arrived today!
Second business day? That's awesome.

Thanks again Jacqueline - you were a pleasure to deal with :tongue_sm
(Sorry, couldn't resist saying that again. Please don't hit me)

Cheeky - you know Australia has voted NOT to ban smacking!

Top Bottom