What's new

Australian Shaving soaps.

Being in Australia myself, i want to try Squadron Soaps, Fat Face Shaving and Whispers from the Woods.
In no particular order...

I have a face fat soap that don't get my attention (and don't give me good shaves after three uses). I think there is something on it that irritates my skin, but I want to give more trials... Whispers from the woods could be a next one to try too :)

I have a face fat soap that don't get my attention (and don't give me good shaves after three uses). I think there is something on it that irritates my skin, but I want to give more trials... Whispers from the woods could be a next one to try too :)
Hey Fer - yeah i think Fat face has dropped off my radar. Whispers in the Woods is very high on my 'to buy' list.

just ordered me some squadron soap, sounds like a great soap, cant wait to try it

proxy.php

just an update on The Warden... this is an amazing soap and have been using it exclusively for the past few weeks and i have to say i love it, up there with the best i have ever tried. make sure you try this one @tim33z

just an update on The Warden... this is an amazing soap and have been using it exclusively for the past few weeks and i have to say i love it, up there with the best i have ever tried. make sure you try this one @tim33z
I will be - but i dont want to get it and then think - 'i now need a wolfman' LOL!

Plus its out of stock currently

Hey Fer - yeah i think Fat face has dropped off my radar. Whispers in the Woods is very high on my 'to buy' list.
Actually, if you are interested in trying, I will be happy to send it to you by the cost of aus-post. I want to give it a last trial, but even if I am happy with the last one, It won't get any more attention. Lather looks superb, but not the shaving, alas not on my face.
cheers

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Waiting on the Warden. Much anticipation. The site is a bit low on choice atm.

I looking to compliment the soap with a new brush possibly from Billy Goat Brushworks in the not too distant future.

Lefonque

Yes it is a Yaqi bowl. I obtained it from there website. I am also in contact with Billy Goat brush works. I am looking forward to one of his brushes sitting proudly in my collection in the not to distant future. They are a very attractive brush.

Has anyone here tried Blue Devil Shave Co's soaps? Tasmanian made and owned

I have a few and (Strawberry Patch, Peppermint Patch & Lemonwood) and can't fault their performance.

Lefonque

67B0D7A1-9878-4F8A-8EDE-D45D8FAD56D6.jpeg

Tried Ace today. My fourth Squadron Soap to date. This one seemed to dry on the face. I will wait before I make any real comment until I have tried it a few more time.
I have enjoyed using Squadron Soaps and have found they make a great lather and a smooth shave.

What are your general impressions of Blue Devil?
Not mad about the vegan base, but the tallow is a standout for me. Easy to lather and not too thirsty. Has plenty of slickness and a good post shave feel. The scents are good in my books, but not as refined as some of the more established artisans for obvious reasons. That's being said I am very fond of the strawberry patch scent, though some people I've given a sample too balked at it 🤷‍♂️ very much YMMV. Prices are going up on the 1st of may though, so no time like the present to take a stab 👍

Lefonque

Not mad about the vegan base, but the tallow is a standout for me. Easy to lather and not too thirsty. Has plenty of slickness and a good post shave feel. The scents are good in my books, but not as refined as some of the more established artisans for obvious reasons. That's being said I am very fond of the strawberry patch scent, though some people I've given a sample too balked at it 🤷‍♂️ very much YMMV. Prices are going up on the 1st of may though, so no time like the present to take a stab 👍
Really appreciate the feedback. I will give it a try.

Lefonque

B825063C-0994-409B-B710-3581B55554D9.jpeg

Aussie special Squadron soap "Red Lead" and Billy Goat Brushworks Brush.
The brusg got it's first lathering today. Looks like George has not made another beautiful brush but another lather monster. Love the G6 badger knot. 10/10.
Complementing the brush is another winning soap from Andrew at squadron.
Great combination I could not speak more highly of each product.

Top Bottom