What's new

Australian Shaving soaps.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have coming in the mail some shaving soap from an Australia soap maker based in Melbourne. The name of the soap maker is Artisan Dan. I was wondering if anyone has used any of his soaps and what did you think of them? I have been using mainly Italian soaps lately and thought that I should branch out and try some different soaps. If you know of, and have any other favourite soap makers here in Australian or in New Zealand please let us know as I am keen to broaden my horizons. Thanks guys.

I just got Squadron soap 'captains blend ' and it's by far the best soap I've ever used. Its a hard.....soft soap and handmade here in Oz. The pipe tobacco/ leather scent is bloody awesome . Whips up into a great lather easily and has great cushioning and slickness. Will be ordering more of their range for Xmas to myself .

I’ve seen his stuff on eBay and am tempted to try it. My list of ‘to try’ stuff has a few Aussie products on it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I just looked at the Squadron soaps and I like the look of them. I might have to open my wallet as I normally only pay around $10 for a tub of soap. I might have to splurge.

I just looked at the Squadron soaps and I like the look of them. I might have to open my wallet as I normally only pay around $10 for a tub of soap. I might have to splurge.

The Warden is probably their most popular one. Keen to try the liquorice Resistance.

Very interestingly, i was on Etsy about an hour ago and came across this soap.
I don't think i'll buy it, but it did cause me to open the link.

I just got Squadron soap 'captains blend ' and it's by far the best soap I've ever used. Its a hard.....soft soap and handmade here in Oz. The pipe tobacco/ leather scent is bloody awesome . Whips up into a great lather easily and has great cushioning and slickness. Will be ordering more of their range for Xmas to myself .
I really wanna try some of those squadron soaps but I already have waaay too many LOL I'll probably end up putting in an order at some point

Being in Australia myself, i want to try Squadron Soaps, Fat Face Shaving and Whispers from the Woods.
In no particular order...

proxy.php

I can thoroughly recommend Face Fat. I have both Iced Slice and Jaffa, and will look to add another one or two before winter.

I also want to try Whispers from the Woods stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I was not aware that we had as many soap artisans that seem to be popping up. Do you think that it as a good thing?

Cool, please keep us informed of the performance of this soap.
I tried the hemp shaving soap last night. It came in a square tin box and the square soap was loose inside the box. I left it in there and wet it and used a brush to lather it up. After, the soap stuck in place. It gives a decent lather. It's soft and the stand-out scent is lavender. I'm happy with it.
IMAG0002.jpg

Top Bottom