What's new

Aussie Pass Around Box

Hi Y'all
I just received this HUGE box of awesome shaving stuff to organise it and get it going again and ultimately over see it's contents progress around the country.

proxy.php

I want to document what's in here and have a think about the best way forward.

I am open to suggestions.

The box itself is rather large and weighs over 8kg and the cost of shipping it will cost an arm and or a leg. [emoji15] it could be a bit of a stretch finance wise for some who wish to participate.

So splitting it may be an option but how?

I believe the only stipulation is the razors must stay in the pass around. If any of you have donated a razor please let me know your wishes.

I am of course going to try some of this stuff. [emoji3][emoji854]

So post your suggestions and stay tuned as the contents of this box is just itching to be passed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I spy with my little eye, some beginning with, I. :)

Get in guys, these pass around box's are great fun and a good way to try product for the price of postage.

We are trying to come up with ways of decreasing the postage cost.

What I tried this morning from the box.

Gillette Open Comb New Type with Perma Sharp
Irich Moos shave stick
Speick after shave Balm

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The razor is awesome I have an old type open comb on layby.

The Irich Moos shave stick is better face lathered and nothing special I have better.

The Speick is really nice ... I will buy this.

This is what is currently in the box... I have catalogued it all.

proxy.php

What interest is there in continuing it in its current form?

We could split it up.... into smaller ones.
We could run micro PIF’s attached to photo competitions on the grounds that if you win you try it then pass it on.... in your own micro PIF but kept CONAUNZ .... ;-)
The Razors will have to stay together and can be a Pass Around all on their own if nothing else.

The above is just ideas....
What do you think?

There is some neat stuff...

Razors
1927 Gillette New Type Open Comb Fat Handle Tech USA
1930-1949 Gillette New Type Ball End Tech Long Tooth Open Comb USA
Gillette Guard with 3 blades ?
1954 Gillette Super Speed USA
HL 3pc Saftey Razor China
HL Plastic TTO China
1940's Gillette Fat Handle Tech USA
1958 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed USA
The dates are the best I could figure out with info off the inter webs ...
Blades
Gillette Extra Blue 3
Derby Extra SS 8
7AM Platinum HI Stainless 12
Dorco New Platinum 5
Big Ben Super Stainless 10
SuperMax Stainless 5
Sputnik Teflon Coated 2
Lord Super Chrome 5
Astra Superiour Platinum 2
Crown Super Stainless 10
Croma Diamant Stainless 1
Shark Super Stainless 37

Soaps
Taylor of Old Bond Street Luxury Sandalwood Shave Stick 75ml
Irisch Moos Shave Stick 100g
Doug Murray's Bay Rum Shaving Soap 250g
Queen Charlotte Soaps Basilica Shave Cream 5oz
Mama Bear's Soaps Lime Cilantro Shave Soap 4oz
Erasmic Shave Stick
Jonsta's Eucalyptus + Mint Hand Soap
P160 Duro Shave Soap Sample
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood Shave Soap
Mama Bear's Soaps Bacon Shaving Soap
Haslinger Ringelblumen marigold Shaving Soap
Jonsta's Sandalwood Hand Soap
Derby Shave Stick
Tweex Shave Stick
Arco Shave Stick
Mama Bear's Soaps Lime Shaving Soap
L'Occitane Lade Shaving Soap Sample
Proraso Red Shave Cream Sample
Phaemosan Shave Cream Sample
Cyril R Salter Very Almond Shave Cream Sample
Cella Crema Da Barba Shave Cream Sample
Cyril R Salter Essemntial Lime Shave Cream Sample
Derby Lavender Shave Cream Tube
Shaving Yeti Shore Leave Shave Stick Tube
Derby Menthol Shave Cream Tube
Derby Lemon Shave Cream Tube
LaToja Shave Cream Tube
SuperMax Shave Cream Tube
Godrey Shave Cream Tube
Palmolive Regular Shave Cream Tube
Natio Face Moisturiser Tube
Speick Men Shave Cream Tube
Musco Real Shave Cream Tube
Proraso Red Shave Cream Tube
Proraso Blue Shave Cream Tube
Proraso Sul Filo Del Rasoio Shave Gel Tube

Aftershaves
Royal Copenhagen Musk After Shave
Edward Jagger Sandalwood Balm
Gillette Arctic Ice After Shave
La Toja Blam
Brut Revolution Cologne
Speick Men Balm
Nivea Men Balm
Taylor of Old Bond St Luxury Cologne
Arko Balm

Plus a Synthetic and a Boar Brush, the Synthetic needs the knot reattached.

I will also chat with the GSL moderators to help figure out the next step forward.

Last edited:
Whilst it is great to have such a wide variety of kit, when there is too much and the cost of postage kills off interest in the project it becomes counterproductive. Does Australia Post offer a flat rate shipping box which is not dependant upon weight? Depending upon where the interested members are, passing the box from hand to hand might make sense. Splitting it up is also an option but may end up costing more to send 2 or three smaller parcels rather than one large one.

Whilst it is great to have such a wide variety of kit, when there is too much and the cost of postage kills off interest in the project it becomes counterproductive. Does Australia Post offer a flat rate shipping box which is not dependant upon weight? Depending upon where the interested members are, passing the box from hand to hand might make sense. Splitting it up is also an option but may end up costing more to send 2 or three smaller parcels rather than one large one.

I will have a look....
If it is spilt it would have to go different directions I think so the costs while more I total it wouldn't be a burden on just one person.

I will have a look....
If it is spilt it would have to go different directions I think so the costs while more I total it wouldn't be a burden on just one person.

Do you guys have anything like a pass the parcel service over there?

Do you guys have anything like a pass the parcel service over there?
No it does look like it ...
I am going to split this lot up into categories and start sending them out soon the razors will probably be first.

Should I include the blades in with the razors or keep blades to a separate pass around?

This little exercise is going to cost me a a fair bit to get this all sent out so please be patient .... If anyone lives near Geelong I am happy to meet up and pass stuff on my hand.

The AU pass around box is still available and complete if you want to try the whole thing or part of it, if you interested just PM me or post here.

I have just had a little play on the Australia Post site and the cost of postage is a little scary. So the question is what are folks prepared to spend and is it realistic to have a box that is that size. Not much fun if it's too small but there is a notconus box that is small and I believe it have been travelling internationally for a few years now. A small box with nice goodies would be better than no passaround box at all.
If there is no interest at all Rich what do you do with all the stuff? PIF?
One of the rounds here in NZ had a very large box of goodies and there were a lot of comments about price and it almost killed the whole thing.
I hope you can get something started :)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I might be interested in trying out the razors, if there is 8 at say 4 shaves a razor then that makes 32 days. Just over a month if that is acceptable. Not sure on how long we are supposed to have the pass around for. I would be okay with the items grouped together to keep costs down. Razors together, blades together, soaps together etc. That's just my opinion. I'm happy to pay postage each way, again I'm not sure on the etiquette here being fairly new.

I might be interested in trying out the razors, if there is 8 at say 4 shaves a razor then that makes 32 days. Just over a month if that is acceptable. Not sure on how long we are supposed to have the pass around for. I would be okay with the items grouped together to keep costs down. Razors together, blades together, soaps together etc. That's just my opinion. I'm happy to pay postage each way, again I'm not sure on the etiquette here being fairly new.
When I had the box I didn’t try all of the razors which gave me the chance to try different blades in some. My reviews of the razors that I did try are in the thread below. Also, you might need time to adjust to each razor. I didn’t enjoy my initial shave with the Flare Tip but persevered and eventually purchased a British Flare Tip which is now my favourite razor.

Aussie Razor Pass Around Box.

Ok give me a day or two to sort things out and check it. I might put the blades I with the razors. I will PM you.

The rule with the razors is you may add to the box but you must not remove any as these razors were donated specifically for the box.

You can have the box as long as you need to try it all. If someone sticks their hand up to be next then ship it to them. If not return it to me or one of the mods.

There are some nice razors in there.

Top Bottom