What's new

Aussie Pass-around box

Status
Not open for further replies.
All posted guys tracking provided $uploadfromtaptalk1410851491727.jpg

I feel like all my Christmases have come at once.

Great work Andy for making this happen.

:thumbup1:

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 50
OK, so I've just finished rifling through it all. The box is absolutely mad! I kept pulling things out and cheering.

Proraso Blue, La Toja and Speick creams I've been dying to try.

Tonight I'm going with a Rapira blade and Proraso Blue cream. I'll finish off proceedings with some Royal Copenhagen Musk AS.

BTW Andy, how would you feel if I chopped off a piece of the Arko stick? That way others will get to try it too. Otherwise I'll definitely be swapping something for that. Keen as mustard to try it.

English New // Rapira // Proraso Blue // Royal Copenhagen Musk.

A DFS in three glorious passes. No nicks, cuts or weepers. Finished the job with the Musk AS. That scent is exactly what I'm into AS-wise. Great stuff.

The Proraso Blue was different to what I expected. I can't quite put my finger on that scent. It's highly 'medicinal' to my nose. I like it.

I'm already counting down the minutes to tomorrow's shave!

In anticipation of tomorrow's shave, I used a bit of elbow grease on the US New SC.

Attachments

• $new sc dirty.jpg
    $new sc dirty.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 49
  • $new sc clean.jpg
    $new sc clean.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 48
Firstly I used dishwashing liquid and a toothbrush. That cleaned off a remarkable amount of gunk. Then I used Brasso and a Chux.

Obviously, you can only ever use Brasso on a razor that's already brassed as it will rip any plating off in an instant. There's still oxidation on the razor that could be removed with a little more effort but it's good enough for now.

OK, so I've just finished rifling through it all. The box is absolutely mad! I kept pulling things out and cheering.

Proraso Blue, La Toja and Speick creams I've been dying to try.

Tonight I'm going with a Rapira blade and Proraso Blue cream. I'll finish off proceedings with some Royal Copenhagen Musk AS.

BTW Andy, how would you feel if I chopped off a piece of the Arko stick? That way others will get to try it too. Otherwise I'll definitely be swapping something for that. Keen as mustard to try it.

There is definitely a lot in the box to try, have fun with the box :thumbsup:

Great work on the O/C, came up a treat!

Arko will need to be traded for, as it is a sealed shave stick, on the plus side, it's a great product :thumbsup:

Everyone, Feel free to open any creams and try them, but sealed soaps (like shave sticks, pucks, etc) need to be traded for.

English New // Shark // Musgo Real Classic // Pinaud Clubman.

I'm in a hurrry but I managed a quick three passes. Nice shave.

It was my first go with a Shark blade and I thought it was quite good. I got a small weeper near my Adam's apple but that was purely down to me rushing.

It was also my first try of Musgo. I really like that smell. 'Medicinal' is the best I can come up with.

I didn't use the NEW SC tonight because I knew I'd be rushing. So tomorrow I'll have a go with that beautiful looking razor and I'll report back.

I took things to the Max tonight. The SuperMax, that is.

US New SC // SuperMax Super Stainless // SuperMax Ultimate // Royal Copenhagen Musk

The New SC is an amazing little razor. Took me about two strokes to dial in the angle. Very comfortable and efficient shaver. Definitely have a go with this one lads.

I'd never tried a SuperMax Super Stainless before but I'm a huge fan of regular SuperMax Stainless blades so I was expecting good things. They didn't disappoint. Very sharp and good blades.

But the real surprise of the show was the SuperMax cream. You can grab it at Connaught for 2 for 3 quid but it's punching well above its weight. The post shave feel is right up there with the best. The scent doesn't blow me away but it's not offensive.

Another great shave!

More new experiences for me tonight.

US New SC // Kai // La Toja // Proraso Aloe & Vitamin E

First time with a Kai blade and I'm super impressed. Very sharp. After 3.5 passes, not a skerrick of irritation. Thanks to whoever donated those.

Also my first run with La Toja. The scent was great and I was impressed with the staying power of the lather. I could have gone five passes if I wanted. I think I'll buy some of this stuff in the future.

Lastly, I'd never tried the Proraso balm before. I'm definitely a alcohol AS kind of guy and I can't see that changing, but the Proraso was fantastic. I'm not completely down with the scent (although it's not offensive) but it is highly soothing. Interestingly, the balm absorbs completely into the skin unlike other balms I've tried.

All up, a very nice Sunday evening shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom