What's new

Aussie Pass-around box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew I was worried this morning when I couldn't find this thread. I figured it had been deleted and I'd have to keep everything myself, I was really worried!!! :lol:

You were worried? I almost had a whoopsie when I spotted it.

But the mods were really great and fixed the issue in short order (thanks again!) so we could get back up and running again.

Lex, what did you think of the T&H West Indian limes ASB?

I liked it so much that I'm thinking about swapping it for a couple of items as I know it's costly.

I do like to match products or brands as much as I can. Though I do like to experiment with different combos

Shave number 2. I'm sorry for the poor photos but I don't have the time during the week to pull my light box out and set things up.

Almost everything was from the box today. Unfortunately for the people to follow me the 2012 B&B LE is not in the box :lol: However there are two brushes in the box but I would have no idea how to clean them enough for another person to use so they shan't be touched by me. The razor is in the box and it is a beautiful re-plate, the finish is mirror and I couldn't stop looking at how like new it looked. I'm unsure as to what it is as my DE knowledge is limited. The shave was extremely mild though and I don't think I could have cut my self if I tried, it would be perfect for newbies or people that like a mild razor but I prefer a little more blade angle. It did the job well it just didn't have the heft or the angle I like.

Now onto Proraso, I started with pre/post (mine) I love this stuff I won't lie sometimes I even use it when not shaving just because it feels so damn wicked. The cream did it's job, like all Proraso products it is great to use super slick and beautiful creamy lather. The smell though was horrid!!! To me it almost smelt like a chemical, it violated my nostrils so much I was glad the razor was mild so I could speed things up a little just to get it over with. Proraso did a great job making sure the ASB smelt just like the cream, I felt as though I was rubbing floor cleaner on my face!

Please don't get me wrong as a product they are amazing and I am a life time fan of the older products and the pre/post but I have now tried both the new scents and they are horrid IMO. You will get a smashing shave out of them but the smell is horrendous.

The next shave will be better I swear.

Its going to take a long time to get that smell out of my nostrils :thumbdown
$uploadfromtaptalk1409308709738.jpg

Last edited:
Lex, a clean with diluted vinegar and then a shampoo will take care of the brushes.

PS - the Omega with stand is brand new, never used, just taken out the box and put on display....

Thanks for the info guys. The flare tip looks great but is to mild for me. Also thanks Andy on the brush cleaning tip. I may clean all of mine soon

Another shave today. Sorry no photo. Used my new lady Gillette and out the box I tried mama bears creme brule. Great soap and smashing scent. I finished off with C&E sienna an amazing ASB and also great cream. Very nice shave today it was nice and heart warming. Just what I needed tonight

Haha no David just flat out with work, I work for a government sector that is hemorrhaging staff and overwhelmed with work. I have some serious growth on at the moment I'll be shaving tomorrow night

Well with work being mental and my two weeks up its time for me to pass it onto Khun-diddy. I wish I had more time for try things out but I guess it just wasn't my fortnight. What I did try was great and I'm sure you'll all enjoy it!

Lex, hope you enjoyed your time with the Pass-around box, be sure to follow the progress of this one, and once round 1 has finished, I will start round 2.

Hey guys.

Just keeping everyone in the loop. I went to personally drop the great box off but no one was home and I didn't want to leave it as I couldn't see any good hiding spots and I would hate to be the person that gets the box stolen. So I still have it but I will be posting it off tomorrow as I wont be getting any time this week to deliver it myself.

Thanks guys

Speaking of Round 2, would it be okay if I jumped in when that one goes around too or would you rather have a fresh list of people to keep it fair?

Speaking of Round 2, would it be okay if I jumped in when that one goes around too or would you rather have a fresh list of people to keep it fair?

everyone is more than welcome, it will start around a month after the box returns at the end of round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom