What's new

August Photo Challenge

I was checking out the WWW for what August is known for and I found all these crazy special days listed. Like Friendship day, Ice Cream Sandwich day, Booklovers day, Senior Citizens day and it got me thinking. All these days are things that make me feel Happy.

So August challenge is: Happiness. EG: Someone/something who is happy, something that makes you happy. You are a smart and creative bunch and I'm sure you will come up with some great photos of happiness.

Rules & Conditions:

Entries should have been taken between Dec 1, 2020 and Aug 19, 2021.
Post processing is allowed.
When post processing is used please elaborate a bit on what you did.
You must be the photographer.
One entry per month.
Contest runs until the 19th of the month.
Voting goes from 20th to the 26th of the month.
Person with the most votes picks the theme for July.

I am not sure if anything can get any happier than this. Here is a photo of my dog taken on a trip to the Texas Hill Country at the end of March. This is the Frio River and my pretty girl was allowed off her lead to play in the water. I had called her and she was running flat out. She was having such a great time splashing through the river it was just a joy to watch.

The picture really is not that great but I think it fits the theme well. Comments are always welcome and I thank you for viewing.

_MG_0028ac.JPG

I am not sure if anything can get any happier than this. Here is a photo of my dog taken on a trip to the Texas Hill Country at the end of March. This is the Frio River and my pretty girl was allowed off her lead to play in the water. I had called her and she was running flat out. She was having such a great time splashing through the river it was just a joy to watch.

The picture really is not that great but I think it fits the theme well. Comments are always welcome and I thank you for viewing.

View attachment 1307871
Wow! She looks just like my girl. She also loves to frolic in the water. We walk at a lake nearby and I let her off to chase sticks when I can. She never brings them back though!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lol, I'm on vacation, I should be able to come up with a few shots that make ME happy...

Well there isn't much that makes me happier than seeing this old lady happy. She was out chasing squirrels with the pup and she always turns around to see if I saw her tree them. I snuck behind a tree to capture this image because as soon as she sees my camera she walks up right next to me so I can't focus on her. Post editing I brought the exposure down half a stop, adjusted the highlights and shadows to bring out more detail in her face and I corrected the white balance.

View attachment IMGP4767.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Took this on Saturday. It's my garden. Makes me happy because it reminds me of Dad. You can see tomatoes in the foreground, and this year "Strawberry" popcorn for the first time.
IMG_20210816_093735382.jpg

I didn't do anything to the shot, editing wise.
LOL! It's very green!

Top Bottom