What's new

August Photo Challenge - Concrete

question for clarification.. is the subject matter limited to "modern" concrete? or sedimentary concrete-like formations like coquina?

question for clarification.. is the subject matter limited to "modern" concrete? or sedimentary concrete-like formations like coquina?

For sure! The photo could be anything that is man-made concrete, or anything rocky or stony that you would find in nature. I did a google search of coquina, and it sure sounds like it fits the bill for a rocky/stony material. It is really however you interpret the word "concrete". For example, if someone wanted to arrange pebbles in a heart shape on a bikini model :w00t: that would work too.

Looking forward to your entry!

Here's a mural that's painted on the side of a derelict brick building.

This is definitely a concrete image. It was post processed using Gimp. That's about as concrete as it gets.

$The Band 1 DSC_0453.jpg

It's painted on the back of an old movie theater in Springfield, Ohio

"Orphans of the Storm", starring Lillian Gish and Dorothy Gish, is a 1921 drama set before and during the French Revolution.

Here's more of the mural...$Orphans of the Storm 5 - enhanced DSC_0454.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Great photos gents.

Here's mine. Reclaimed land.

This is the highway and rail connection between Wellington and the Hutt Valley. I think all the south bond lanes and rail track are reclaimed land from looking at very old photos of the area.
Rocks and old concrete have been used to reclaim the land from the harbour. The road in the background going up the hill goes to a quarry.

$DSC_0007.jpg

Last edited:
This leaf is laying on a concrete sidewalk. The light colored halo around the leaf is salt residue, from rock salt dumped on the sidewalk to melt ice. (iPhone 4S photo)

$IMG_0210.jpg

Top Bottom