What's new

August 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

DFS+ on my mug

Piccolo, GSB (5), Eagle G3 Pure, Arko puck, Duru Lemon Kolonya 80%

4CF7B0DF-AE35-4CE4-81A3-100B710DA66F.jpeg

Last edited:
Still in. Shave #3. SAS shave today. Thought I’d try the Merkur blade out, but they aren’t for me.

• Pre-shave: Art of Shaving Unscented Pre-shave Oil
  • Brush: West Coast Shaving Tortoiseshell Torch Silvertip Badger
  • Cream: Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar (SOTM)
  • Razor: Merkur Progress (4 pass, 5-3-3-1)
  • Blade: Merkur Super (2)
  • Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Day 5, 16.1% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Nacet Stainless #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Same again, and got an uneventful near-BBS.

I thought I'd finish this MWF last month, but it's still putting up a lot of resistance.

Date​
06.08.2022​
Main Focus:6/31 Days in GRUME (16.1% competed and still in)
215/218 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other:High Efficiency Razors Summer
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
All Aventus August
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Cream:TGS Amber Fougere
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso tub
Brush:Omega Proraso Boar
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) slanted
ATG (S-N) slanted

Touch up XTG (W-E) slanted
Razor:Razorine Flatboy
Blade:Tiger Platinum (1)
Rating:7/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11875484

Still in!
20220805_140615-01.jpeg

My output of 10/10 shaves has quite increased recently... but, it is what it is... and why should I moan? 😉

Here's the story of another shave where the stars alligned perfectly:

Our family is attending a wedding this weekend. We arrived late yesterday at the hotel. When I unpacked my stuff I realized I forgot to bring my travel bowl with me. Fortunate me, the staff of the receiption took care and organized a huge cappuccino cup* for me. Check.
When I woke up early my wife and the kids still were sleeping. I love it when this happens, it's a rare occasion. Check.

So I sneaked into the bathroom, took a shower and had a brilliant, brilliant shave in stealth mode: to assure to not nick myself on this eventful day I dialed down the setting of the Rex Konsul to setting 2 for my regular two passes and went down to the lowest setting of 1 for a clean up pass. I easily could have stopped after the second atg pass, but I totally digged the lovely scent of Royal Forest, which I had whipped up with the lovely Taj Mistura, and had entered a zen like state of mind, so I just had to continue.

A calm BBS skin was the result of this marvelous shave.

Happy shaves!

(* I already took the picture at home, that's why you won’t find the Cappuccino cup pictured 😉)

Last edited:
Went to my Mother in-law today and there was a package waiting for me from back in June when I washed out with my GTS handle.

2 new Turkish AS and a bottle of Varon Dandy AS. I already went through a bottle of Varon Dandy Cologne using it as a Body splash. So my reasoning was to get the AS and use it as Cologne AND AS - let’s see if this works as planned…
19AAAF57-D5F3-4F60-9540-0FAF676DEF9C.jpeg

Top Bottom