What's new

AUGUST 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
August has begun mid-summer is displaying its finest! In the sizzling heat it is definitely time to step into those favorite, and even new, haunts in search for an elusive find ... and they are there when you least expect it.

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and on line. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

Mail call!
Micron:slant.jpg

71D340A3-80C0-4E13-B1C7-3F7F12947F79.jpeg

A similar Aust is on its way from Germany. That will be a 7/8 French point with the same rosewood scales. This is a 6/8 square point. Snagged for $125.00-like new.
The pair will be very much like the nickel plated Colt Python/Diamondback duo I had (and like an idiot, sold) years back.

Not shave related.
This Watch is Beautiful And Built like a tank. Just as Heavy too.
Just the way I Like it.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a brush on the way from a hobbyist on Reddit that was looking to trade away some 'blemished' handles. I was able to put together a swap for this one with a 24mm manchurian knot, I think the handle looks awesome even with the black/white lines looking a little wobbly (doesn't bother me). Finished product pics when it gets here...

proxy.php

This puppy’s gona work out great.
proxy.php

And No Winner on the Chicken Dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a 5-year shave sabbatical, I finally broke down and got some new stuff. Unfortunately I bought the Cella before remembering that my skin doesn’t react well to almond. The Mrs was happy to take it off of my hands.
The Slant Barberpole is a thing of beauty. Haven’t used the brush yet!
CF238576-4A7A-4B76-8193-D6B8C15AFFAC.jpeg

Have a brush on the way from a hobbyist on Reddit that was looking to trade away some 'blemished' handles. I was able to put together a swap for this one with a 24mm manchurian knot, I think the handle looks awesome even with the black/white lines looking a little wobbly (doesn't bother me). Finished product pics when it gets here...

proxy.php
Pics from out of the mail today... definitely a bit of waviness in the striping but this handle is solid and has a great feel in the hand so that's not going to bother me. Its getting a cool water soak right now and I can't wait to use it tomorrow morning.
IMG_3197.JPG
IMG_3198.JPG
IMG_3199.JPG

Finally found one of these Williams mugs and it’s new old stock to boot. Has a 42g sample of old formula Williams soap included. Really stoked on this pick up.

Attachments

• 59B4A738-7806-46A6-B76C-6B2CC51893DC.jpeg
    59B4A738-7806-46A6-B76C-6B2CC51893DC.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
Today I received a package from PAA. I picked up the Boomtown Bay Rum Shampoo, Deodorant, Shave Soap, Aftershave, and Star Jelly. I also picked up the PAA Banana Cube and the L1 injector, but they accidentally forgot to include the razor. Doug & Fran are on it and will send out the razor ASAP. Mistakes happen so all you can ask that they get fixed and PAA's customer service has been great. I also received their free multi-tool with the order which looks nice. I can't wait to try out the Boomtown set tomorrow!
Steve

IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_0699.jpg

Today I received a package from PAA. I picked up the Boomtown Bay Rum Shampoo, Deodorant, Shave Soap, Aftershave, and Star Jelly. I also picked up the PAA Banana Cube and the L1 injector, but they accidentally forgot to include the razor. Doug & Fran are on it and will send out the razor ASAP. Mistakes happen so all you can ask that they get fixed and PAA's customer service has been great. I also received their free multi-tool with the order which looks nice. I can't wait to try out the Boomtown set tomorrow!
Steve

View attachment 905217 View attachment 905218

Very nice. I’ve had that boomtown soap/AS set in my cart for a week. I’m just waiting on something else that tickles my fancy in order to get free shipping.

Very nice. I’ve had that boomtown soap/AS set in my cart for a week. I’m just waiting on something else that tickles my fancy in order to get free shipping.
I do the same. I always order enough not to pay shipping. Using Boomtown for the first time this morning - I can say it is really nice. The scent is rather light and not as heavy as I anticipated. I think I slightly prefer Tombstone and Atomic Bay Rum, but will want to use it a few more times before drawing any conclusions.
Steve

I do the same. I always order enough not to pay shipping. Using Boomtown for the first time this morning - I can say it is really nice. The scent is rather light and not as heavy as I anticipated. I think I slightly prefer Tombstone and Atomic Bay Rum, but will want to use it a few more times before drawing any conclusions.
Steve

Right on, man. Thanks for the info of the BTBR. Tombstone is one of my all time favorites. I always get compliments on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom