What's new

August 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old me wouldn't dare think about using a NOS razor. Not so with the new me. This guy gets loaded up with a Med Prep tomorrow morning:

proxy.php

Excellent! I like how the "new me" approaches important decisions. :thumbup1:

Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement :)

Last year I had a NOS Toggle and NOS Fatboy Executive pass through my hands because I couldn't bring myself to use them. Really kicking myself now for not just man'ing up and putting them into rotation. I'd likely still have them if I did.

These razors, and stones and things we love were meant to be used and enjoyed. Letting them collect dust just ain't natural. :thumbup:

Picked up more Sterling products than I care to admit to, and last night I received a Semogue 830 boar brush that I really really really like.

My first straight?

Stopped into a local TJ Maxx and couldn't resist. First, found this neat little $2 salsa bowl. Even though I have the Fine Accoutrements lather bowl, this one has just the slightest texture inside from the raised ceramic paint pattern. Lathers very very nicely! Could be my new go-to.

The HIM-istry shaving cream I have no use for… but it came with a free straight razor…$16. I'll probably PIF the cream. Have too many already…
proxy.php

I have to correct my post... seems my further research has shown that I got a shavette with my purchase and not a straight... shows how much I know about straights...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Congrats, [MENTION=107995]tpwpny[/MENTION]. BTW in my book, a shavette IS a straight. It's just one you donit have to worry about having to hone or strop. Careful with it when first using it. DE blades are much thinner than traditional straights, which leads to shavettes being much more unforgiving of technique lapses.

Picked up more Sterling products than I care to admit to, and last night I received a Semogue 830 boar brush that I really really really like.

You can't have too much Stirling product. I'm sure you'll like the 830 even more the longer you use it. My 830 is one of my favorite brushes and I'm a badger guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom