What's new

August 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Nice pick-up and it looks to be in fine shape :thumbup1: Is that a little rust or just brassing showing in the 2nd pick?
I generally loosen the knob a little when adjusting the setting. It might not help, but as they say about chicken soup "It wouldn't hurt." I also leave the head open a little to dry, as I rinse it out post-shave that way.

looks like a little brassing, yeah... the camera really brings it out. I can barely see anything wrong with that section with the naked eye. I noticed it switches a bit easier with the tto unscrewed a little, makes sense, thanks!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Brassing isn't an issue, mine has some as well. I am thinking more about saving the Slim's inner spring than I am about ease of adjustment when I open to doors. There is no need to open the doors post-shave if you rinse with them closed; it doesn't hurt anything.

I am really starting to consider having this thing replated in black rhodium, with white numbers... I shaved with it this morning and can tell we will be great friends... went straight for the 9 setting lol

The two most recent acquisitions from the bay.

$Frameback.jpg

$IMG_1409.jpg

My new red tip super speed came in, date code C-1. its in better condition than my first one, and i put them side by side for comparison. i have one of each type now. one for the daily driver, and one for my travel kit. I no longer have to break apart my travel bag when i want to use my lovely... :laugh:

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Back to back party days with the mailman!! :punk:

Picked up a vintage Berkeley from the BST, as well as a Feather AC SS + blades from a great member (Chris [MENTION=82524]cmh737[/MENTION] ) who also sent along 2 x 1oz WSP soaps and some Stone Cottage Shave (I think) Hesperide cream for me to try. :thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
You ain't seen nuffin yet ... The UPS man just did a drop'n'ring'n'run and left me another box. Pics forthcoming.

Searched for a long time for my "Holy Grail" razor - Weck Surgical Prep Safety Razor. When I finally got one abut two years ago, I found out there was an earlier and rarer version of it. It came in the mail today and tonight just happen to be Weck Wednesday and so this one is up next.

$hg2.jpg$hg2a.jpg

Here are a couple of my more recent acquisitions. The Fine American Blend came in the mail while I was working on the razors so I took a photo of everything. I'm in the middle of restorations but you get the picture.
proxy.php
proxy.php
this photo is post polishing. I need to work on a couple of the blades more.

Got these today. They came ready to shave so I don't have to put them in line. Looks like one will be on deck for tomorrow's shave.

Well it may not be a meat chopper but this works for me. I bagged a 200ml bottle of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet and jar of Bayolea pomade for less than a C note shipped! Blenheim is a timeless classic and a favourite. Bayolea is one of the better male scents introduced these last twenty years. Why? Because it does not reek of 'oceanic accords', ozonic layers or any other modern claptrap used to describe male fragrances that reek of cotton candy, bubblegum, shampoo, and the ocean. Decent stuff this Bayolea.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Well done, [MENTION=103898]CBLindsay[/MENTION] , [MENTION=111038]Dagwoodz[/MENTION] , and [MENTION=415]Phog Allen[/MENTION] . A lot of great pickups you boys have managed :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom