Auction Rules

Discussion in 'Saint Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser' started by Toothpick, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick Moderator

Fundraiser will begin on October 19

All participants are expected to follow these rules. Any member found to be “skirting” or manipulating the rules, or engaging in inappropriate behavior during the auction is subject to removal from B&B at the moderators discretion.

The Rules:
    1. All bids must be placed in the auction thread you are bidding on.
    2. Only bids may be posted in the auction threads. Any post that does not contain a bid will be removed.
    3. Once a bid is placed, all subsequent bids must be in the minimum bidding increments of 5.00 Dollars.
    4. All auctions will end on October, 21 at 2000 hours (8:00 pm) EDT
    5. Any bid placed at or near the end of the auction (at the teams discretion) will trigger the end of the auction to be extend one half hour to discourage sniping.
    6. We consider all bids made to be in good faith and binding, so do not bid if you can not or do not intend to pay!
    7. Your payment will be made HERE. If we do not have payment within 96 hours (4 days) your bid will be voided and offered to the next highest bidder.
    8. All decisions made by the B&B team are final.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  2. tortswon

tortswon Contributor

With respect to rule 5, sniping is a fact of life with online auctions. If you extend the auction by a half hour, you only delay the inevitable sniping. The goal of the auction is to raise money for a great cause. Sniping results in higher bidding. I buy and sell in online auctions. I have sniped and been sniped. In every case the sniper pays more than the sniped. When the object is charity, that's the goal.

3. fordfather

fordfather Moderator Emeritus

We do not use an automated system to deliver a Bidder's high/final bid. It's a constantly evolving, manual bidding process. Rule 5 allows both parties involved, to determine the final price of the Lot.

4. fordfather

Some auction lots have been extended by several hours, due to a bidding war between 2 or 3 members.

5. tortswon

tortswon Contributor

I'm in favor of whatever results in the highest figure. As I trad the rule, it only allowed a single extension. If you allow bidding to go on ad infinitum, that will certainly accomplish the best result.

6. But what time (and time zone)?

7. Can the auctioneer or mod somehow flag thread titles for items that have "Shipping Restrictions: Continental USA only" so that most of the world can ignore them?

8. fordfather

I could, but it would take me 3 hours to do that, so you could view 6 non-conus lots. ;)

9. fordfather

0800 Eastern Standard US

10. Then ... how about flagging those 6?
    Ah. Thanks.

11. fordfather

I don't have time to go through all the lots right now, John, but if you'd like to check every lot, and PM me a list of lot numbers, I could put OCONUS in their titles, in the morning.

12. ajkel64

ajkel64 Moderator

Mid October, start saving your pennies.

13. *bump* :badger:
    Reminder...

14. Toothpick

Toothpick Moderator

Thanks!

15. KeenDogg

KeenDogg Contributor

Can an image for the auction item be uploaded from a mobile device or do you have to use a third party site? Thanks!

16. Toothpick

Toothpick Moderator

You can upload it to the gallery here on B&B. But only a URL will work for the donation form

17. KeenDogg

KeenDogg Contributor

Ahh! Thank you, Jason. Slipped my mind.

18. Toothpick

Toothpick Moderator

My pleasure. The photo to the form is on your list for next year. We are faced with software restrictions for now.

19. KeenDogg

KeenDogg Contributor

Understood. Thank you.