What's new

ATTN: B&B Photogs-Fall Shots

Share some of your best Fall time shots. Changing leaves, pumpkins, etc. Looking forward to checking them out.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Still no real fall around here...and I'm 2 hours north in the mountains for the week too. Great scenery but no fall scenery

The trees here have a tiny bit of red. I'll have to ask my dad up in Maine how their trees look...they're usually 2 weeks ahead of us I think.

The trees here have a tiny bit of red. I'll have to ask my dad up in Maine how their trees look...they're usually 2 weeks ahead of us I think.

I'll admit it is early. I was just trying to keep up with retail marketing and getting it out early. Maybe too early. :laugh:

Older pics but what I see from my cabin up in the "great white north" during "leaf looker season"

Das pond

proxy.php

Looking over to where the stream comes into the pond

proxy.php

I don't photograph much any more. I only do it as a means to inspire my digital paintings. This is from last year, first original then painting.

$svamputflykt_underlag.jpg

$svamputflykt_final_liten.jpg

We have no fall scenery where I live. The only trees are in peoples yards. I miss NE Ks. We usually are still wearing shorts at Thanksgiving here too.

By the pond and a Tree:

Attachments

• $DSC_5821_2444.jpg
    $DSC_5821_2444.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 152
  • $DSC_6005_2445.jpg
    $DSC_6005_2445.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Nice. Tell me more about digital painting. Not sure I understand what you are doing.
The first photograph was loaded into a painting simulator (Corel Painter) and with that as a starting point digital brushes were used to 'paint' the latter picture from the original. I also manipulated the colors to my liking.

The painting is then printed onto canvas and an adequate layer of opaque paste and colored paste was applied to the surface. The painting is now hanging in our living room and is 16 x 20 inch in size.

The software has the ability to emulate all known (and several unknown!) brushes and techniques with the aid of a Wacom digitizing board and art pen.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
The first photograph was loaded into a painting simulator (Corel Painter) and with that as a starting point digital brushes were used to 'paint' the latter picture from the original. I also manipulated the colors to my liking.

The painting is then printed onto canvas and an adequate layer of opaque paste and colored paste was applied to the surface. The painting is now hanging in our living room and is 16 x 20 inch in size.

The software has the ability to emulate all known (and several unknown!) brushes and techniques with the aid of a Wacom digitizing board and art pen.

Did the printer add the opaque paint or did you do it by hand? It is very nice!

Did the printer add the opaque paint or did you do it by hand? It is very nice!
The last few layers of paint and gloss gel were applied by me after the printing was finished. Those layers are not present in the digital pic above, they are on the finished painting on my wall.

This technique is often called giclée in fine art .

The traces of paint brush marks you see in the image are a result of the very complex simulation of a real world paint brush.

Last edited:
Perhaps, strictly speaking, not a "fall" photo, it is specific to September. I posted it in the Pic of the Week thread, but I'll put it here, too. This was taken last Thursday night, at Exchange Place in Jersey City, of the 9/11 Tribute in Light:

IMG_4602-2.jpg by silenttuba, on Flickr

Top Bottom