What's new

Attention: See Post #30 - Anybody know if "badger decants" is still in business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod edit _ please see post #30

I tried to order something right before my vacation. My work e-mail was shut down because I exceeded its size, so he may have been unable to contact me. On the other hand, I know he's had problems recently so I don't know if he is still in business.

Anybody got the inside scoop?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered some samples last week. Took a few days to hear back from him (I assumed he was away for a few days over the holiday), but he did reply, and shipped them within 48 hours.

I ordered some samples from Chuck a few weeks ago. He said he had some medical issues going on so his responses might be slow.

Same with me....I tried placing an order and got no reply. I tried sending it to another addy last week and still haven't heard from him.

He had some technical issues and some oral surgery, so he is likely tied up with that. I ordered from him several weeks ago and got the samples, but I also emailed him last week and I have not heard from him...I do hope he is OK.

FYI, i placed an order with Chuck last week and it seemed like everything was up an running okay.

i didn't get the impression that he was shutting down, in fact he had more options than the last time i made an order.

also, there is a thread in the shopping corner about his operation and what's going on...

I am sure Chuck is still in in business. I think his "day job" is programming or 'puter something, away, and he gets unimaginably busy with that, and the complications from oral surgery stuff really were kind of horrific, but put him way behind on the decant stuff.

In my experience, he is completely "reliable." It just takes awhile sometimes. I would not want him to drop out of doing decants. I do not think he is in it for the money, and I consider him a huge resource to have available to B&B folks and others.

It seems the decant section of The Marketplace has been taken off. I can't believe there is not enough interest. I learned the hard way that its FAR easier on the wallet to buy decants and/or samples than to make blind buys.

On my last order I sent him an email and didn't get a response for a week so I sent him a PM on here and he got back with me very quickly and my order was shipped within a day or so I think. That was about 3 weeks ago, I think he was pretty slammed with orders at the time, I've had nothing but positive deals so far and I hope to buy more from him in the future.

Anybody know how to PM him? I sent him another e-mail request, but he has not responded. Thanks.

Sure, "Rorschuck," but I am afraid that if he is too tied up to respond to e-mails, he is not going to get to PMs. I think I have seen him say in the past on-line that he rarely checks PMs anyway and the way to reach him is e-mail.

Last time I got a response from chuck was the 14th he said he had taken a little vacation and came back only to be swamped with work.

He is a code monkey so he can work days at a time and live outta the office for weeks when pushing for a deadline.

Still I haven't heard from him in almost a week and a half, last time he went AWOL he almost got taken out by a hurricane!

I do hope he is ok and just very busy anybody heard from him? anybody live in IL was there any more big disasters (I don't watch the news).

Well, I've sent him two e-mails and a PM and he has not responded. Either he's really busy, or he's on vacation, or he's ill (I hope not), or he's out of business.

The two e-mails and the PM were separated by a few weeks, to give him a chance to "catch up" in the event that he was just swamped. I think I'm going to have to give up, unfortunately. :frown:

Well, I've sent him two e-mails and a PM and he has not responded. Either he's really busy, or he's on vacation, or he's ill (I hope not), or he's out of business.

The two e-mails and the PM were separated by a few weeks, to give him a chance to "catch up" in the event that he was just swamped. I think I'm going to have to give up, unfortunately. :frown:

He has made this addition to the beginning of his website:

"QUICK NOTE: I have a few minor crises at work to deal with that have been monopolizing my time of late, so for about a week now I've been unable to reply to much mail. There are no pending orders that have been affected, but folks with questions and wanting to place new orders may start to wonder where I am soon. I *will* respond to all emails by the end of this week, hopefully in the next day or two and hope to be able to get back to prompt answering of queries and quoting of prices any day now. Thanks for your patience: I am here!"​

I would not "give up" completely. But I would not hesitate to use any of the other decant or edt sources, including sample sources, either. I think BadgerDecants is a fantastic resource and I fundamentally adore Chuck. (Because he has been very generous with his time and knowledge with me in the past--I think his nose, ability to express scent in words, and his impartiality are unmatched, but I suppose I do agree with him more often than not--and because I think what he does is a wonderful bargain compared to any other edt decant operation I have come across and I think he basically does it because he is a good guy. I cannot imagine that he makes any real money at it and it must suck up time like a Hoover. But then again, maybe all junkies like their dealers, and that is what Chuck has become in no small part to me!)

Anyway, there are numerous ways of exploring scents outside of BadgerDecants, and I think Chuck will be back in full operation after a while. I think he is very reliable about doing what he says he will. And i think he avoids making commitments he cannot get to, but not responding, and by not taking anyone's money when he thinks he will not have the time to get a commitment done.

I sure do not want to make him feel hassled. I would rather his service be intermittent than for him to give up providing it because he felt like he was just annoying people with delay, etc. I am not being critical of anyone for being frustrated at waiting around. And I am 100% confident that Chuck's feelings will not be hurt if folks go somewhere else because they did not want to wait. For my own purposes, there are very few times when my getting an edt is time sensitive!

He has made this addition to the beginning of his website:

"QUICK NOTE: I have a few minor crises at work to deal with that have been monopolizing my time of late, so for about a week now I've been unable to reply to much mail. There are no pending orders that have been affected, but folks with questions and wanting to place new orders may start to wonder where I am soon. I *will* respond to all emails by the end of this week, hopefully in the next day or two and hope to be able to get back to prompt answering of queries and quoting of prices any day now. Thanks for your patience: I am here!"​

I would not "give up" completely. But I would not hesitate to use any of the other decant or edt sources, including sample sources, either. I think BadgerDecants is a fantastic resource and I fundamentally adore Chuck. (Because he has been very generous with his time and knowledge with me in the past--I think his nose, ability to express scent in words, and his impartiality are unmatched, but I suppose I do agree with him more often than not--and because I think what he does is a wonderful bargain compared to any other edt decant operation I have come across and I think he basically does it because he is a good guy. I cannot imagine that he makes any real money at it and it must suck up time like a Hoover. But then again, maybe all junkies like their dealers, and that is what Chuck has become in no small part to me!)

Anyway, there are numerous ways of exploring scents outside of BadgerDecants, and I think Chuck will be back in full operation after a while. I think he is very reliable about doing what he says he will. And i think he avoids making commitments he cannot get to, but not responding, and by not taking anyone's money when he thinks he will not have the time to get a commitment done.

I sure do not want to make him feel hassled. I would rather his service be intermittent than for him to give up providing it because he felt like he was just annoying people with delay, etc. I am not being critical of anyone for being frustrated at waiting around. And I am 100% confident that Chuck's feelings will not be hurt if folks go somewhere else because they did not want to wait. For my own purposes, there are very few times when my getting an edt is time sensitive!

Thanks for your post. Please understand that I wasn't bad-mouthing Chuck in any way. He has provided a great service for the forum for a long time, and I agree with you that it is undoubtedly a labor of love, not a big money generator.

Getting a fragrance is certainly not time sensitive for me, either. I was just a little eager, that's all. And if I conveyed a sense of frustration in my last post, it wasn't intended. I don't really feel frustrated, I was just curious as to what was going on, and whether I should be patient or search for help elsewhere.

From the note he put on his site, it sounds like I should just sit back and relax for a bit longer and give him a chance to get caught up.

Again, thanks for your insight and perspective, and I certainly apologize if anybody thought I was trying to paint Chuck in a bad light. That was never my intention.

Thanks for your post. Please understand that I wasn't bad-mouthing Chuck in any way. He has provided a great service for the forum for a long time, and I agree with you that it is undoubtedly a labor of love, not a big money generator.

Getting a fragrance is certainly not time sensitive for me, either. I was just a little eager, that's all. And if I conveyed a sense of frustration in my last post, it wasn't intended. I don't really feel frustrated, I was just curious as to what was going on, and whether I should be patient or search for help elsewhere.

From the note he put on his site, it sounds like I should just sit back and relax for a bit longer and give him a chance to get caught up.

Again, thanks for your insight and perspective, and I certainly apologize if anybody thought I was trying to paint Chuck in a bad light. That was never my intention.

<I certainly apologize if anybody thought I was trying to paint Chuck in a bad light.>

I sure did not think any such thing! You have been very patient and diplomatic in my view. And like I said, you are not going to hurt Chuck's feelings. If anyone understands eagerness and desire to sooner rather than later get at some great scents, he does, and he knows that the delays can be frustrating, I am sure. And I sure understand the eagerness, too, no matter what I say!

For that matter, I am not sure that Chuck needs me to carry his water for him! I guess I am more interested in you getting a good deal and being happy. I am serious that there are lots of ways of getting at some good scents to play with out there. Chuck is great, and I am sure he will be back. But in the meantime there are lots of things to explore, such as samples from Truefit and Hill, if you have not already. And trying to see if Pen's and C&S will actually send you something!

But nothing wrong with your demeanor at all, Good Sir. I did not mean to imply differentlty!

Cheers,

Channing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom