What's new

Attention Penhaligon's Fans!

Joedy said:
As far as I know. I imagine that the list needs some additional updating, however.

-joedy
Thanks! One would think with his prices the goods would have been gone a long time ago.

Yes, he still has items available, but the list needs updating. I got an email from him a few days ago. He'll be back on the 30th.

I bought the 1.7 oz sizes of Blenheim Bouquet and Hamman Bouquet. I have always been a fan of BB, but had never tried Hamman. Have to say I don't like it.

Anyone want to buy a bottle of Hamman Bouquet in box? Sprayed once. I'll throw in a 3.4 oz bottle of Guerlain Vetiver in box, sprayed 3 times. Yours for $50 shipping included.

PM if interested.

I think the Hammam is disgusting. I am always amused by how differently people react to the same scents. The Blenheim, however.... :em2200:

I dropped him a line last night for some Fern, hopes he gets back soon. Darn shame he doesn't have any Endymion. I got my samples from Penhaligon's the other day, and Endymion is by far the best. I love it! But at $70 for a 50ml bottle, I wont be enjoying this too often. :crying:

Wolfman said:
I dropped him a line last night for some Fern, hopes he gets back soon. Darn shame he doesn't have any Endymion. I got my samples from Penhaligon's the other day, and Endymion is by far the best. I love it! But at $70 for a 50ml bottle, I wont be enjoying this too often. :crying:

Endymion and Floris Santal smell very similar to me.

Hey guys, couple of points:

First, i'm the one that's going to say that i love the Hammam but don't really like the BB; there's always one in every crowd, right?:rolleyes: I am surprised that 3 of you have come out with a negative impression though, but c'est la vie.

I also agree that the Endymion is similar to the Santal, but i like the Santal much more as i feel its a little more exciting and complex.

Last and most important, yes Franco will be back this weekend and says he will ship my goods on Monday (finally!); its been quite a wait, but it should be worth it.

Regards,

Hi Mahesh! I don't like Hamman but that's my own opinion. I like Habit Rouge and Floris 89 better. It's all a matter of personal taste. You sir are a refined gentleman and do not hold that against you. :biggrin:

Hi Austin, nice to hear from you, and no, you sir are the refined gentleman; i'm still taking notes!:wink: Yes the No. 89 is real nice. What is the Habit Rouge?
I sure wish that Franco had some Castile as that's the one scent that i like but don't have yet.
Take care,

alchemist said:
Hi Austin, nice to hear from you, and no, you sir are the refined gentleman; i'm still taking notes!:wink: Yes the No. 89 is real nice. What is the Habit Rouge?
I sure wish that Franco had some Castile as that's the one scent that i like but don't have yet.
Take care,

Mahesh, Habit Rouge is made by Guerlain. I believe the scent has been around for about 40 years yet it still is very modern. Cheers.

Scotto said:
I think the Hammam is disgusting. I am always amused by how differently people react to the same scents.

This is surely the truth. While I do appreciate the English Fern from Penhaligon's, I don't consider it my preferred choice. I know that quite a few guys love the stuff, though.

One thing that I want to mention is that the Hammam smells very different on your skin that on a paper sheet. I've found that the sharp initial scent fades quickly (with 5 minutes) and the remaining mid and lower notes have a nice, floral and slight masculine power scent. I, too, did not like it at first, but after wearing it, it is one of my favorites.

By the way, Franco is back and my next order is on the way!

-joedy

Joedy, good point as initially i was pretty nonplussed about the Hammam, but after trying a sample a few times i found myself slowly seduced. And i think that's the case with many of the more complex scents, we sometimes have to give these things a chance. Having said that, Hammam is certainly not for everyone.

I'm glad Franco's back, can't wait to get my goodies.

Best,

So I placed my order tonight. Seems it's time my wife got spoiled so two bottles are on their way to her side of the bathroom. A bottle for myself may have slipped in there as well. :biggrin:

The thread shows Franco updated the listings this morning. But according to what he told me about availability via email, the listing still appears to be outdated.

Franco just emailed me and says the thread is correct as shown.

Now, I'm having a Penhaligon's attack, and am thinking of ordereing more. For my wife, I've already ordered Artemesia and Lavandula, two of her favorites. She also likes Ellenesia, which is not available. She's not sure on Cornubia. She doesn't like Bluebell. For those of you familiar with the women's scents, what's your take on Victornia Posy, Nivevah, Sumarkin, Lily of the Valley, Malabah, Violetta, LP#9 for women, and Elisabethan Rose? She's 30, adventurous, and doesn't want to smell "old".

For myself, I've ordered Blemheim Bouquet. I also like LP#9. What's your take on Douro?

The Elizabethan Rose is not a sweet smelling scent, but one that is more of a pure rose floral scent. In fact, I wear it myself, although Penhalligon's considers it a "woman's" fragrance. I find it much more unisex and very inline with the Rose scent shaving creams. I wear this when I use the Rose s/c and the Rose skin food and it compliments these scents very well.

The Lilly of the Valley is a floral essence, but it has definite sweet'ish overtures and appears to me to be more of a lady's fragrance. As a male, I find this scent very agreeable and distinctive. I would consider it a day-to-day scent and not as dressy and elegant as the Artemesia.

The Victorian Posey is one that is a so-so scent from the sampler for me. One thing to remember is that these high-end fragrances will definitely smell different once it has interfaced with the skin, so there is a good chance that the bottled scent and the wearing scent will be of two different responses.

I ordered the Duoro and still have mixed feelings about this. The initial scent (and one that takes a while to wear down) is citrusy-orange'y. Once the high notes wear down, to me, Duoro takes on a much spice'ier scent like the Penhaligon's Racquets presents. I would describe it as a mixed of woodsy and citrusy. I am split as to call it a everyday scent or a dress scent, which would seem to indicate that it could go either way.

So far, I have the Endymion, Elizabethan Rose, Duoro, Quercus, B. Bouquet, Hamman Bouquet, LP: 9 Mens, English Fern.

Of those that I do not yet have, I really like the Opus (still saving up for it, Rik), Castile and Racquets.

I ordered the LP: 9 Mens blind and it has not yet arrived. This is the only Penhaligon's scent that I have not managed to get a sample of, but at Franco's prices, you can't really go wrong with a purchase, even if it is a blind one.

What is your take on the LP: 9 Mens?

-joedy

Top Bottom