What's new

ATTENTION: Listen to the annoying elders here, please.

Yeah that is what some times happens with me, I thought some products were not that great at the start though after using those products after a while my opinion changed as I was able to use them better. That is a lesson that I should have learned early on I could have saved so much money.

Über dry? Try splashing water on your face, then face lathering on top of it. It's called wet Shaving for a reason. Of course ur skin will be dry if u don't splash some water on it before the lather. Duhhhhh

After the soap is washed off I mean, like after you have scrubbed your arm pit with a bar of soap, the surface is extremely high friction, the normal drying, rubbery sensation that soap does to skin.

I find face lathering does this far more to my face, than pre-made creamy lather being applied and spread by the brush. For my skin anyway. YMCA etc etc

Hi again - our discussion has me chuckling because for the life of me, I haven't experienced the sensation that you describe, either on my face or under arms. I'm just amused at the variation between individual experiences that come to light in discussions here.

The only soap that may have given me something akin to what you describe was when my late mother suggested that all her friends were using pure soap without all the artificial ingredients - which I tried a couple of times, and then abandoned forever.
Cheers,
Renato

Über dry? Try splashing water on your face, then face lathering on top of it. It's called wet Shaving for a reason. Of course ur skin will be dry if u don't splash some water on it before the lather. Duhhhhh

Wow, thanks for this, I'll get right on it. :001_rolle

Hi again - our discussion has me chuckling because for the life of me, I haven't experienced the sensation that you describe, either on my face or under arms. I'm just amused at the variation between individual experiences that come to light in discussions here.

The only soap that may have given me something akin to what you describe was when my late mother suggested that all her friends were using pure soap without all the artificial ingredients - which I tried a couple of times, and then abandoned forever.
Cheers,
Renato

Hey Renato.

I should say it's natural tallow soap I use. But even veg soap will give me the old under arm sensation, maybe I'm a freak, but I think it's just the normal reaction soap has on skin, cleans it and takes the oils out so it is more friction and dry sensation. That's why I like it well lathered alreday before I brush it on, I find it less drying afterwards, but of course all soap will be some degree of drying afterwards.

No biggie, just my two cents on why I prefer to hit the bowl over a face lather.

Hey Renato.

I should say it's natural tallow soap I use. But even veg soap will give me the old under arm sensation, maybe I'm a freak, but I think it's just the normal reaction soap has on skin, cleans it and takes the oils out so it is more friction and dry sensation. That's why I like it well lathered alreday before I brush it on, I find it less drying afterwards, but of course all soap will be some degree of drying afterwards.

No biggie, just my two cents on why I prefer to hit the bowl over a face lather.

Hi Again,
I have no experience with natural tallow soap - other than for some shave sticks, I didn't know it existed as a soap bar till you mentioned it.

Curiously, for most of the soap I've bought for general use, they are moisturizing to some degree, rather than drying. This is especially true of some hard soap bars like the Dove ones, and the liquid soaps like Johnson& Johnson Clean and Clear.

When I was electric shaving, the only way I could get a nice shave was to use soaps that dried my face out before shaving - and I only found a few. Those included the Johnson & Johnson Soap bar, and medicated ones for acne like Sapoderm, which incidentally increased the life of my cutter blades from 6 months to three years. I couldn't get a good a drying effect for good electric shaving from most soap bars I'd pick at random.
Regards,
Renato

Top Bottom