What's new

Attention Darwin Razor Owners

I picked mine up a few years ago. I love the way is shaves...just have to keep the handle dry because it can become slippery. I think it will stay in my collection for years.

Attachments

• IMG_3850.PNG
    IMG_3850.PNG
    3.4 MB · Views: 64
It's been a good read, re-reading this thread =)

There isn't as many populars in this thread. Would you guys say they are more rare than the others?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
It's been a good read, re-reading this thread =)

There isn't as many populars in this thread. Would you guys say they are more rare than the others?

I haven't seen nearly as many Populars or Miracols turn up as I have the other Darwins. I have no idea what the actual production numbers were for the various types, but I suspect that the obvious quality of the De-Luxe, Standard, & Bijou, led to less of them being thrown out over the years. So yes, I would say that the Populars along with the Miracols are more rare, at least as far as the advertised types.

Last edited:
I haven't seen nearly as many Populars or Miracols turn up as I have the other Darwins. I have no idea what the actual production numbers were for the various types, but I suspect that the obvious quality of the De-Luxe, Standard, & Bijou, led to less of them being thrown out over the years. So yes, I would say that the Populars along with the Miracols are more rare, at least as far as the advertised types.

Thankyou for the info, im 100% sure i just snagged one :D

Aye! Glad it came OK!

The second picture Is just the same as the one posted. I had a little trouble uploading haha but all is good now =)

I'll try post more pictures of if when I get home.

This might seem a little silly but I see other threads trying to get a count of how many people own a certain type of rare razor. I would like to get a definitive count of the Darwin razor owners and which model you own here on B&B. If I misspelled your name or you know longer own it, I apologize and please correct me. My reason for doing this is to figure out how many there actually are and if anyone knows anything else about the history of this razor. Details about this company and it's razors are so hard to come by.

Off the top of my head besides myself (I own a Darwin Deluxe), there are:

MementoMori
Intrigued
Haiku
TheRazorSleepsForNoOne
Barefoot Joe (his razor is enroute)
GreginDallas (not sure though as I believe he moved on to straights)

There have to be more owners than that. Surely this company didn't produce 20 razors and go out of business. :001_smile I have become increasingly fascinated with this razor as it is the best shaving instrument I have ever used. I am sure some of you have seen me singing its' praises before and I have said I am trying not to love it as much as I do due to my SE collection (and 10 year SE blade stash) but I shaved with it this morning and had my best shave ever.

Ultimately, I will be doing more experimenting with the razors that I do own but I am pretty sure that my RAD is probably dead and I will make a decision on liquidating most of my small collection. I do love my Ever Ready Streamline too so I may keep that as my razor during my work week (using my Darwin on the weekends) until I exhaust my SE blades and then I would sell them off. Or I may like the Darwin Deluxe so much, I liquidate the collection soon! You never know. :w00t:

In advance, thank you for your participation in this thread.

Good Morning! I know this is a really old thread, but I thought I'd add my name to the list, as I just acquired a Darwin Standard this week.

I have had my Popular for some six odd years or so and I love it madly. I am somewhat intrigued in testing another model within the Darwin family. Anyone care to swop- please shoot me a PM.
Darwin Popular.jpg

Top Bottom