What's new

Attention Darwin Razor Owners

Can anyone tell me anything about this razor? From other Darwins I see online, this one is stamped...

Attachments

• 15808590505262198160346614130787.jpg
    15808590505262198160346614130787.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 15808590994138250060897325322413.jpg
    15808590994138250060897325322413.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Hello, it’s the blade of a Darwin hollow ground razor, the handle is not familiar.

Adam

Thanks! I bought it along with some other Straight Razors that I want to encase in resin as part of my "His and Hers" vanity for our master bath. I hate to encase anything that ma have value as it wll essentially be ruined and forever in acrylic. I have tried to find the exact Safety razor but no luck. Not bad though for $5.

Thanks! I bought it along with some other Straight Razors that I want to encase in resin as part of my "His and Hers" vanity for our master bath. I hate to encase anything that ma have value as it wll essentially be ruined and forever in acrylic. I have tried to find the exact Safety razor but no luck. Not bad though for $5.

That is a fascinating and cool decoration idea - I look forward to seeing pictures!! :thumbup1:

I believe that this is a blade from the Darwin version of a Rolls razor. They come up regularly, or used to anyway, on the 'bay.

Acquired a Darwin Standard on the bay to go with my cased Darwin Deluxe. Now I just need to find the Darwin Adjustable. Any leads on a bakelite case / leather travel case for the Darwin? Shaves well; similar to the Darwin Deluxe (efficient) yet distinctly different.

Attachments

• s-l64-2.jpg
    s-l64-2.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 36
  • s-l64-1.jpg
    s-l64-1.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 35
  • s-l64.jpg
    s-l64.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 35
Congrats ! Now, finding a lone Darwin case is even harder than finding the razor :D

Darwin sells a leather travel case replica, if you want !

Thanks Cha-Wing I saw the Darwin replica cases and think I may get one unless an original pops up. The replica cases look pretty good btw.

I was very fortunate to add a new Darwin to my small collection, one that Corierguy and I have been referring to as "the Missing Link."

proxy.php

It fits nicely between two other Darwin Original models I own, and very closely resembles the patent drawings.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Beautiful razors.

Wow - seeeing 3 together is just crazy!!! I must have missed this post @itjaw - Wonderful sight! And in various cases different from my double door one :confused1:001_tt1:

Don’t think actually that I ever posted a pic in this thread of my Original. Here goes. And then a minor but very pleasant score of 2 blades.

133489C7-704E-4504-B377-AAFFF9F30C1A.jpeg

AA257B2D-FB59-49AA-BE0E-08720ADA5036.png

Last edited:
Here's an esoteric question. Does anyone know the thread size of the Darwin standard. Would it be the universal Gillette #10 - 32 tpi or maybe a 24 tpi. I have a Darwin standard that has either stripped threads on the cap or the handle and am in need of a repair.

View attachment 1023304View attachment 1023305

Bump.

I’m in the club with a 2-piece. Been looking through this thread and don’t see much info. Are these also cobalt steel? It’s not marked as such. I have it loaded with a Kai for tomorrow’s shave and will report my findings.

I’m interested to hear the impressions of the 2-piece vs. the other Darwin models that are more frequently mentioned.
What is the Patent No. or Serial Number for the Adjustable btw?

The Adjustable has the same patent number : 243.881 :

IMG_1104.JPG

Regarding the thread of a Standard, it is not the current usual M5, but it is the same as a Gillette NEW I had around :

IMG_1105.JPG

Now this is a picture I'd never thought I'd take :D

Thanks Cha-wing, appreciate the pics and information. As you can tell, I'm trying to decide how to repair the threads on the Standard's handle... I'm sure "CAP" from Vintage Razor Repair will have a good idea.

My pleasure ;) I can't wait to have my new website ready, so I can showcase all the different Darwin models and go more into details.

CAP is known to be quite the savior ! If you can reach him of course. Good luck in your quest !

Top Bottom