What's new

Attention Darwin Razor Owners

I was bidding on that one and came 3rd with what I thought would be a good bid, even if I maxed out what I was willing to put in I would have fallen short by a mile. Guess 2 people wanted that one bad. Never mind there will be others..........:a36:
Just looking for a case for my standard now............fat chance......:lol:

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

+1!:drool:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Wow a cased Deluxe just went for GBP 675!! So glad I am out of the game.

Okay, now that Darwin Deluxe just became a bargain because this cased Darwin Standard just went for GBP 740 or about $1119.69

$Ebay Darwin Standard .jpg $Ebay Darwin Standard GBP 740.jpg $Ebay Darwin Standard $1120.00.jpg

It is in beautiful condition, though and again the money from the auction is going to a good cause. Congratulations to whomever won it!

I try to watch all of the Darwin auctions. I was amazed at the price on these as well but it is tax time...maybe some people are using their tax refunds on getting their Holy Grails... That's just my speculation though...or hope anyway. I love my Darwin and won't sell it but I sure wish I had the blade case and some blades. Maybe some day I will find some...

HOLY SMOKES! I just realized the same guy won both of those Darwin's. :a47:I can't fathom dropping nearly $2300 on 2 razors. Wow, so much for my theory on tax money.

HOLY SMOKES! I just realized the same guy won both of those Darwin's. :a47:I can't fathom dropping nearly $2300 on 2 razors. Wow, so much for my theory on tax money.

Yeah, when I saw that a guy with over 1,000 ebay purchases was in the bidding war, I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

Glad I got my Darwin's when I did because these prices are out of my league. The Standard went for more than the Deluxe. I have to say they are beautiful razors and give a great shave. But as always YMMV

They are beautiful, and give a good shave (but no better than several vintage Gillettes to be honest IMHO).

The prices for them have gone insane. I can't believe they are going to go up in value that much more.

It seems to me that Darwins are suffering from tulipmania at the moment.

I picked up a Darwin from an antiques shop today. I think it is a bijou? But I am sure someone will know what it is. It is tiny but has a very good feel to it. I only picked it up because of the size of it.
I haven't yet used a de razor and I am sure this isnt the one to start with.
I have posted these in another thread but thought I would put it in with the oth$IMAG0387.jpg$IMAG0385.jpger Darwin pictures. This is my first de razor

Attachments

• $IMAG0386.jpg
    $IMAG0386.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 232
It certainly is a thing of beauty. For what really is an impulse buy I am glad I did. For something so small the weight and balance seems so right.
It has three Darwin blades with it in the wrappers which are unlike any I have seen before. Could be fun getting hold of more.

While the Bijou is not a full sized men's razor, I picked up one myself some time back thinking this was as close as I might ever get. I was not prepared for how it felt in the hand. The silky smooth, polished cobalt steel plays with the senses. Hang on to those blades. They may be rarer than the razor.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up a Darwin Deluxe (June 2014) that has now become one of my favourite razors. The Deluxe came in a metal case that may or may not belong to the set. The razor fits the case perfect so it might be correct.
DWC2014

Last edited:
I just picked up a Darwin Deluxe (June 2014) that has now become one of my favourite razors. The Deluxe came in a metal case that may or may not belong to the set. The razor fits the case perfect so it might be correct.
DWC2014

Congratulations, lets see some pictures!

Top Bottom