What's new

Attention Darwin Razor Owners

This is interesting. While researching the Darwin Fitzwilliam Works in Sheffield England which I believe is the manufacturer of the Darwin Razor...I came across this site that says they were in operation from 1928-1953.

Pretty sure that is the same company. Here is a picture of a knife made by that company. Something looks vaguely familiar about it!

proxy.php

hi all
i have a deluxe , used few days of the week ,i also have about 600 + blades , great to use with the razor. i have some knives in the kitchen draw , great for toast and speading butter , mine were picked up at a sale , brand new in a box. gave £3.00 for 6.
rac.

Bump!
I just won a Darwin standard, hidden in a lot of straight razors and a hairtrimmer :w00t:
Let's hope it's in good shape, although I'm sure I didn't pay too much.
It will arrive within a couple of days.

Congratulations! You will be pleased! IMHO Darwins are the best DE ever made. Make sure you post pictures when you get it.

I own a Darwin Deluxe, no case.

Pics can be found in this forum somewhere. I have a thread and contributed to other threads.

Congratulations! You will be pleased! IMHO Darwins are the best DE ever made. Make sure you post pictures when you get it.

Thanks! I promise I'll post some pics when it gets here.
The only "problem": what to do with the straights that come with the Darwin ;-)

I have an uncased darwin that i believe to be the standard. It is embossed with three? Lines that are on the Shank just under the head. I've not seen actual pics of one other than in a flyer. (pg. 10) someone posted on this site. It's a rather small razor, mabey a women's version? I bought it off classified ads which seemed to go unnoticed.

Last edited:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I have an uncased darwin that i believe to be the standard. It is embossed with three? Lines that are on the Shank just under the head. I've not seen actual pics of one other than in a flyer. (pg. 10) someone posted on this site. It's a rather small razor, mabey a women's version? I bought it off classified ads which seemed to go unnoticed.

Can you post some pictures of it......... please. :001_smile

I will a.s.a.p. computer problems at moment. Note: I saw a posting somewhere on this topic in B&B by the person I very likely bought it from. She was inquiring to its worth and said she had gotten it from an older woman in a nursing home and said it was probably her husbands. It was then posted in classified adds back I 2009?... I bought it couple months ago! There was a pic with inquired.

This is interesting. While researching the Darwin Fitzwilliam Works in Sheffield England which I believe is the manufacturer of the Darwin Razor...I came across this site that says they were in operation from 1928-1953.

http://www.uniclectica.com/misc/manuf.html

Look here:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?pq=darwi...sb&biw=1024&bih=556&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il

If you go to Google Earth from the map you'll see images of the Darwin Fitzwilliams factory in Sheffield with the name "Darwins" on a sign on the side of the building. You can also click on the "A" button, and then "Street View" and you'll see what the Fitzwilliams factory looks like.

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Here are some pictures of my Darwin family.

View attachment 182145

From left to right: Mustache, Bijou, Deluxe
View attachment 182146

Top: Universal, bottom left: my uncased Standard, bottom right: my uncased Deluxe
View attachment 182147

Cased Deluxe
View attachment 182148

Bijou & Mustache with original blades & blade cases
View attachment 182149

I would love to see a Darwin in something other than a picture. I have not been that fortunate. How are you lucky enough to find so many Robin?

Got my Darwin standard this morning, it needs a clean and a bit of polishing but it's otherwise in great condition. Pics were taken with my cellphone.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Got my Darwin standard this morning, it needs a clean and a bit of polishing but it's otherwise in great condition. Pics were taken with my cellphone.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Beauty. Enjoy.

It's made of cobalt steel, no plating at all. The scratches will polish out to a like-new mirror finish if you want to go that route.

Haiku is right. That's a beauty and will shine up like it never touched a whicker. I went to a jeweler friend of mine. He has a polishing wheel on a grinder and that razor shone like no other when he was done. Take it to a jeweler and you will be amazed. And then USE IT to be even more amazed. :thumbup1:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I would love to see a Darwin in something other than a picture. I have not been that fortunate. How are you lucky enough to find so many Robin?

Most of the Darwins I have came from ebay (UK ebay has had the most) and involved "silly" money. But I love them so. :blushing:

Top Bottom