What's new

attention Chemex users!

For pourover I use a chemex or hario. Only trick with the chemex and paper filters, rinse with a lot of hot water and give it a couple minutes to heat the brewer up.

Use the 1 liter size (six cup) for optimum results, generally speaking. With the release of the Kone III, I'll finally have a reason to want to buy one. It seemed to me that the Kone 1 took away the one thing that made Chemex unique in the first place. What it created was an entirely different brew method that used the Chemex glass as a carafe.

Use a coarse grind, don't pour down the sides of the filter, and shoot for the same dwell time as you would for the same grind setting in a press. Allow enough bloom time for a full release of CO2 so that the water saturation is effective, and the water's solvency is not compromised by becoming carbonic acid instead.

Use a normal dose (60g/L), but know your coffee. Some coffees like a fuller extraction, so increase the dwell time. Some like to be under-extracted, so either decrease the time or increase the dose, whichever is most fitting for the specific coffee.

Top Bottom