What's new

Attention: anybody familiar with Noble Otter soaps. I need help with something...

I ordered some new soaps from Maggards. Noble Otter Monarch being one of them. When I opened it to smell it, I noticed it was a different color than my first Monarch soap. It also smells different.

This is what it's supposed to look like...
noble-otter-monarch-soap-top_1024x1024.jpg

Here is what the one I just got looks like...
IMG_20211023_165537985.jpg

Does anybody with Monarch also have a soap this color? If so please let me know. Otherwise I suspect that this may be a mis-pour of a soap into the wrong container. This brings me to my second request. Can anybody with multiple NO soaps compare the color of my soap to your soaps so we can identify which soap this is? If it helps at all the forward most note I can smell off the puck is some kind of fruit...maybe lime

Send Noble Otter an email and describe the scent to them, they’ll know their soaps best.

I have Rawr and had Firefighter and both looked like the soap you received, both were the version 3 base. Am I correct, you had a tub of Monarch previously and this new one not only looks different, the new one smells completely different? How old was your previous Monarch, was is a previous version base that may look different then the latest version base, possibly the scent was also updated?

Send Noble Otter an email and describe the scent to them, they’ll know their soaps best.

I have Rawr and had Firefighter and both looked like the soap you received, both were the version 3 base. Am I correct, you had a tub of Monarch previously and this new one not only looks different, the new one smells completely different? How old was your previous Monarch, was is a previous version base that may look different then the latest version base, possibly the scent was also updated?
It was from early 2020. It could have been an earlier version. And while it's hard to say without having my old soap right here to smell side by side with the new one, this is not how I remembered Monarch smelling. My first Monarch was powdery. With this new one I mostly get citrus.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I got some Noble Otter Monarch about a month ago and it looked like the first photo. Mine may have been an older batch.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
That sounds like a mispour, then. I love their Two Kings scent. Was thinking of trying monarch next, I believe it’s their top seller?

Now that you mention citrus, that looks just like my Rawr.
Edit: I checked the website and they mention the soap is supposed to have a "slightly green color."
I just looked up RAWR; the coloration does look about right. Can you describe the scent of RAWR?

My guess is that NO would pre-emptively disclose some information before changing both the color/base and the scent of one of their most popular soaps.

I just looked up RAWR; the coloration does look about right. Can you describe the scent of RAWR?
From what I smell and from reading reviews before purchasing it, the thing you’ll likely get most from Rawr is dandelions, you won’t miss it, then some orange / citrus in the background.

I just pulled out my sample of Monarch in the new V3 base and I get orange / citrus up front then light powder, it’s a bright scent to me. It’s a sample but it’s a light brown colour similar to the second picture

I ordered some new soaps from Maggards. Noble Otter Monarch being one of them. When I opened it to smell it, I noticed it was a different color than my first Monarch soap. It also smells different.

This is what it's supposed to look like...

Here is what the one I just got looks like...

Does anybody with Monarch also have a soap this color? If so please let me know. Otherwise I suspect that this may be a mis-pour of a soap into the wrong container. This brings me to my second request. Can anybody with multiple NO soaps compare the color of my soap to your soaps so we can identify which soap this is? If it helps at all the forward most note I can smell off the puck is some kind of fruit...maybe lime
This could have been my post, practically word for word, other than having no prior experience with NO soaps myself. I'm not sure what sample I got, but it looked exactly like yours. After re-reading the scent description for Monarch about a hundred times, and comparing it to the scent I was getting from my Maggard's sample, I came to the conclusion my sample was mislabeled.

After going through some videos on YouTube I can confidently say that your soap is fine. If I were you I would sniff the soap and see whether what NO has listed matches up

proxy.php

proxy.php

Noble Otter responded to my email...

"
Hey Sterling,

Monarch's fragrance formula is exactly the same as it has always been. The fragrance turned our previous soap formula green, this formula typically becomes tan orange color. You can reply to this email with a picture. Send me a photo of the ingredient list and the soap itself and ill check it out.

Thank you
Cody
"

Looks like all is well, boys. Thanks for the help.
Also, once I actually lathered the soap it smelled exactly what I remember. Yay

I’m trying Noble Otter 🦦 too.
Lonestar is terrific.
The color is lighter than yours.
How does yours shave?
Oh it shaves phenomenally. Some of the best soap available performance wise...at least for my beard. And all of their scents that I've tried are absolutely superb. Maggards has samples.

Top Bottom